Hated it at first, but I'm glad I gave it another try.

User Rating: 8.5 | Final Fantasy XIII X360
Got this game shortly after it came out, played the first few chapters, and stopped playing. Like so many people, I was disappointed in how linear the game is. When I think of RPG's, action/RPG's, adventure, or other similar kind of games, I'm envisioning open worlds, exploration, grinding, treasure hunting, and all that good stuff. This game seemed to be lacking in those areas, and I found myself just button mashing and ruining headlong down a narrow hallway to the next battle, where I would do more button mashing.

After letting the game sit for over a year, I decided to give it another try. I'm glad I did.

Instead of focusing on what the game lacks, I focused on what it DID have, which is a decent battle system, if you take the time to figure it out, level up your characters appropriately, and figure out good strategies for battling certain enemies, the game becomes so much more rewarding.

I would almost describe this game as a fighting game with RPG elements. If you keep that in mind, it should be a rewarding experience.