The first ever sequal to a final fantasy game
* First true sequel to the renowned FINAL FANTASY series.
* Story focuses on an all-female cast, including the introduction of a new main character.
* A variety of new and unique job classes such as “Gunner”, “Mascot”, “Gambler” and the atypical “Pop Star” can be accessed utilizing the “Job Wheel” system, seen previously in FINAL FANTASY TACTICS.
* For the first time in FINAL FANTASY, characters can switch job classes during battle using the Sphere plate.
* Stunning transformation sequences, rivaling those found in FINAL FANTASY X.
* Renovated world map and airship, simplifying travel.
* A return to “Active Mode” which speeds up the pace of battles.
* More dynamic movements in battle previously unseen in FINAL FANTASY titles.
One day, Yuna obtains a mystical sphere that contains imagery of what might be the Blitzball player she thought was gone forever. Although Yuna isn’t certain that it is him or if he is even alive, she’s driven to seek him out. Yuna needs closure to their unexpected parting, even if only to find that she will never see him again. So begins her journey, this is Yuna’s story.
While FINAL FANTASY X-2 is a sequel it is in many ways a new game. Incorporating several new elements to gameplay, this title can be considered a new methodology to the FINAL FANTASY franchise. Keeping true to the series tradition, FINAL FANTASY X-2 has advanced gaming to new levels and is set to be another landmark title for SQUARE.
FINAL FANTASY X-2 marks the first sequel in the famed series which has sold over 42 million units worldwide. FINAL FANTASY X released in 2002 was a mega hit with sales topping 5 million and garnered numerous awards, winning gamers and media over with its gripping story, stunning graphics and stirring music. In January 2002, FINAL FANTASY X INTERNATIONAL, an enhanced version of the North America version was released in Japan. This adaptation incorporated several new features as well as a bonus DVD.
The bonus disc featured a music video for the theme song, interviews with the voice cast from both the English and Japanese versions, a collection of promotional movies, previews of upcoming titles and a new scene. The 12-minute story titled “The Eternal Calm” left fans yearning for a continuation of the story. Responding to the pleas of fans, the story has been continued in FINAL FANTASY X-2