Final Fantasy Origins: Know your roots.

User Rating: 8.2 | Final Fantasy Origins PS
Final Fantasy wasn't a big million dollar franchise back in the days when Final Fantasy 1 and 2 were released. If you look at the progression of these games from their start to their current position, you can see a massive difference in every aspect. The first Final Fantasy put you as four heros, who you got to chose and name, that went around, never talked much, but had adventures and eventually killed the boss. This infact, though seems cliched now, was a surprising new game idea. This remake of Final Fantasy helps everyone remember the starting glory of these first two games. Though Final Fantasy II was never officially released in America, I'm sure anyone who plays this game will appreciate the chance to try something.. a little different. The Graphics on both games were improved massively from their move starting at Nintendo and ending at Playstation. Though by today's Halo 2, Half-Life2, Doom 3's standards, these sprites are little more than childs play, they are what defines Final Fantasy, and I gave these games a 7 for their improvement on their graphics. The Gameplay, for both games, and Surprisingly Final Fantasy 2 espcially, is still very fun, though primative and repetative. There were also improvements made on the battle systems for these games, such as swinging at nothing and using cure / life in battle. Also the difficulty settings helps give this game's gameplay an extra twist that helps build it's time playing. 8 / 10 As for sound, this games original sound tracks are much in place, and in Final Fantasy Fashion, are very well put togeather and fun to listen to. This is one of those games where you'll find yourself walking around and humming the theme out of the blue. 9 / 10 Value: Let me start by saying I gave it an 8 / 10. But that is for casual gamers. If you are a large follower of the Final Fantasy games, much like I am, this game is a must have for your collection. Even if you have the Original NES versions of these games, you should still atleast give this game a shot. Overall: 8.3 / 10 Took a 15 year old game, and made it fun for today's audience.