RPG in all its glory..and..err..horror..
But it's more than just the hype. It's more than just the title.
It's RPG in its full golden glory.
So here's my review:
+ 16-bit graphic is never a letdown. Unless your a graphic troll.
+ Gameplay is basic. Imagine your favorite RPG without the fuss
and confusing gameplay "gimmicks".
+ The BGM's are very subtle although nothing worth noting...
One must have earphones....
+ Story's plot is very simple, but hey this is FF1 not FF7. This is
where it all started...
- Nothing much to do after you play the game except for playing it
all again with different characters
- Boss fights are very easy..Usually last around 2-5 turns if you
know your way around.
+ Refreshing and somewhat awkard leveling up system.
+ Darker storyline with decent character development.
+ BGM's are better and a lot somber...Earphones!!! Not unless
your a music troll, too...
- The leveling-up system. In FF2, there's no leveling up of
characters instead you level up their stats and magic.
- The leveling-up system is subject to abuse.... but with a catch,
you must have lots of patience...
- Some charactes come and go, which can be annoying...
- There's only few places you can go at world maps...
All in All = I'd call it a great game with few minor misgivings...But it's worth the play.
Now buy it and pay your respects. :D