I have it on early release so I am not sure if everyone shares the same experience.
1. Commentary is good, one thing that can be annoying is that on game day if you choose to have other score updates you can Alan McNally constantly interrupting but its a nice additional feature with Jeff Shreaves giving the news on injuries as well.
2. Through balls mean something this time, more open space to get players on the flanks. It can be used tactically to get a forward on his own into space and bring other players in, Custom Tactics of course to suit your needs.
3. I still don't understand why there are not more players going up for corners and free kicks i.e. the option to dictate rather than using set piece option. Might suit others but when defending it used to be more of your player having a one on one battle for ball but this time you have to be careful that the opposite number doesnt beat you to the position and timing of the jump. When playing against each other deliveries can be crucial and possibly exploited but time will tell.
4. CPU does a good job of holding the ball up, you can forget about running into players by pressing one or two at a time, the CPU is far more smarter. For example, remember the times you can get a free chance with the short kick? Well think again the CPU will look to pass it all around this time, thank goodness!
5. Dont under estimate close control, if anyone thinks they just use a burst of speed and get away with it you can forget about it. Even some of the worlds best do it in real life so don't moan Also remember speed of passes, accuracy of shooting and even the one touch control is under customisation settings for both player and CPU so you can tune the game to your liking.
6. Couldn't stop laughing when I moved my wall forward at the freekick, referees can give warnings or bookings.
7. The skill games are fascinating, hard core gamers might find this a waste of time but you will learn a lot from it so the skill games are more like 'skill building'.
8. I haven't really use kinect as I don't see a need but it clearly picked up my foul language as my career with Dortmund has resulted in the board giving me warnings about my behaviour, the commentators mention this in the game as well. Kind of fun but unaffects gameplay from what I can see.
9. Crowd sound much improved, I think they could do with a few more but heck it can please everyone. Being at Anfield feels being at Anfield. There are managers on the sidelines, you see players warming up which is a nice addition.
10. There are players that go down too easily and freekicks are given but there are cases I have seen the referee not give it.
11. The quick free kicks and throw ins? 100% improved, much fluid in movement and see smart players run for the ball, kick it to the player on the free kick spot and carry on from there.
Overall the feel is much better, I think polishing the last game is better for now that trying to recode it, every game I have played so far, it has been from dominance to being under the cosh, end to end, it does seem to have a variety.