justerthought

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 justerthought
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

I was really looking forward to Far Cry Primal until I read that all the dialogue will be spoken in a native language and we will have to read subtitles to follow the story or mission objective. That is crazy. All the next gen graphics and facial animation work will be just a waste of time because we will spend all of our time looking down at subtitle text and miss it all.

Does anybody else think this is a bad idea for a video game or is it just me. Foreign movies with subtitles is bad enough but an interactive game relying on subtitles is ridiculous. I struggle to read subtitles fast enough at the best of times so I will miss a lot of information and miss a lot of visuals. That detracts from the story, not improve it.

Remyek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Remyek
Member since 2016 • 6 Posts

@justerthought: No, I have to use subs anyway be it movie, Tv-show or a video game; They do not dub in my language, and good that way.

Skipping a game, movie or a video game because subs is pathetic, let alone selfish, imo. Learn to read. I did, and not just because I did not have other options. Learn to respect languages of the world. They're a proudness of given people. Not something to avoid at all costs. Do not treat them like they're an obstacle, but a feature that brings immersion.

kjdaniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kjdaniel
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts

Yes, one level in and it is already very annoying. Well.. Back to gathering leaves :/