My Thoughts on Far Cry 3

#1 Posted by Evan218 (25 posts) -
Far Cry 3 is the best game I've played in a long time, great story, and tons of things to do. But there should be more. A few added mechanics and features could have made this game the best ever. 1 - Its about survival, so why let that just be for the story? A few mechanics could make the "survival" aspect even better, master difficulty should bring the need to eat and sleep, and give more incentive to focus on the plants and wildlife. 2 - It should be called "Skyrim with guns" for a reason. There should be an option to obtain human and non - human followers, more reasons to craft and more customization. 3 - There is a pretty bad "wall" that is hit when you realize that you may have done everything there is to be done (to some extent) those "path of the hunter" and "wanted dead" quests should be radiant. enemies should be able to take back outposts that you have liberated etc. Just those few changes would have been amazing, but I'm not complaining, as skydiving into an enemy outpost and taking everyone down with a machete is good enough for me.
#2 Posted by CraZkid37 (522 posts) -
I agree. It was a great game but a few minor things really could have made it one of the best ever. I feel the same way about your number 3 as well as I agree about more crafting and customization. It ended up feeling like the pirates were really just pushovers. Them taking back an outpost would have been awesome. Or at least having mini wars going on at the borders between pirates and rakyat (sp?) more than the occasional scuffle when they drive by each other. I also felt like money was WAY too easy to obtain. My wallet was constantly full. Considering the radio towers gave free weapons, it made it harder to really spend faster than I earned the money. Also, on the 2nd island I DID like the "uniform" approach however I felt it shouldn't have been used the entire island. Just the 2nd half to the end would have been good. It started becoming way too easy even on the warrior difficulty.
#3 Posted by Evan218 (25 posts) -
Absolutely. The free weapons quickly made the game more "run in and shoot things" than using strategy. However, those are just a few points that I would have liked to see implemented. Its still a great game nonetheless.
#4 Posted by shorinryu2008 (25 posts) -

By far the dumbest dialog, stupidest script written by potheads for potheads. The people playing the game are smarter than character they control. I felt like babysitting an idiot with a gun. I wanted to kill him a few times just because he is stupid. Everything else was perfect, better handling than the other 2 games. One of the best shooters if you can survive the dialog between characters and their lack of brains.

#5 Posted by Speranza318 (102 posts) -

By far the dumbest dialog, stupidest script written by potheads for potheads. The people playing the game are smarter than character they control. I felt like babysitting an idiot with a gun. I wanted to kill him a few times just because he is stupid. Everything else was perfect, better handling than the other 2 games. One of the best shooters if you can survive the dialog between characters and their lack of brains.

shorinryu2008
Spoilers below I think you missed the point of the game - it's meant to be a giant satire. The name of the island "Rook" means to cheat or trick. Rakyat literally means "ordinary people" which is about as unoriginal as you can get for a tribe name The drug sequences and various references to Alice and Wonderland were meant to be a delusion of the main character thinking he had power yet was descending into madness. Vaas' speech on definition of insanity (he was referring to the same recycled plots and simplistic video games of this generation) To support this: -The simplistic dumbed down "boss" fights -The cliche characters with disjointed plot (which you mentioned) -Every animal you kill is pretty much endangered. Furthermore, when you skin them you have a hunk of meat yet their bodies are intact. Contrast this to the detailed amazing world. It's purposefully disjointed. -The fact that your nickname is Snow White at some point in the game - this is really referencing that you are supposed to be the "white savior" for the "black" tribe,but truth is you end up getting used at the end of the game depending on the final choice you make - The fact that one of your friends (Kevin) gets raped, which is a stark contrast to how women are "typically" the ones getting raped I could go on, but this game was a giant joke and was meant to be that way from the moment you started. Unfortunately, the writer should have done a better job to make this more obvious, but the clues are all there.
#6 Posted by wolfie1419 (25 posts) -
I loved the story until you killed Vaas that was the stupidest boss fight it was even a real fight?! You hallucinated the whole time! Even killing Hoyt was boring =\ the good ending I liked and the bad ending was just plain stupid too. I felt bad for Liza Jason was a asshole to her