colour glitch on steam version

#1 Posted by RevSphere (25 posts) -

hi i just brought this game, and went start the game up its gets a weird colour glitch with the screen going green. is there anyway to fix this.                                                                                                                                                                                                                             P.S I HAVE TRIED PATCHES AND THET STILL DO NOT WORK!

#2 Posted by modernsocks (61 posts) -

Try the GOG of Games version, that one works fine.

#3 Posted by RevSphere (25 posts) -

Yes but i do not want to rebuy the game

#4 Posted by MindlessTeef (1392 posts) -

Yes but i do not want to rebuy the game

RevSphere

If you still need it. I started playing Fallout (Steam Version) a few days ago and noticed your post here when I was looking for a solution... thought I'll post here in case you are still looking.

What did work for me, and apologies... working from memory here (at work right now). In the Fallout folder under your Steam Appz folder... the root of the Fallout folder. There is a .INI file, think it was called DDRAW.INI. Right click that and select edit. Press ctrl and F to open the find box. Search for "Mode=". Set that (should be 0n "0" by default) to "4" or "5". 4 is full screen and 5 is windowed. 

And if you break it, just tell Steam to verify local files and it will download the INI file again:)

Worked for me. I'll double check when I get home tonight and update if needed:)