Ok first off im going to ask if all post can please be kept on topic, and try not to argue there is no need this is a topic for people to say what They would like in the next installment and not for people to discriminate others views and tell them what they should think your opinion is your own, i have created this topic for you to be able to say what you personaly would like added to the next game, ok now that i have said my piece i will start with the things i would like added/improved in the next installment to this great franchise.
1. Create-A-Town: Now i know many people have sugested this to be implimented in the next game but this is my thought on how it could work, first off you would be given a marker to designate where you would like your town to start (whether it be next to a factions base or in the middle of the wastland) as this is the beginning of your town i think you should be given a small amount of items for example, a few walls, 2-3 houses and possibly a shop, now i think the town should expand on a population value so that the more people that live in your town the bigger area you can build on and the more buildings you can place i.e you would start with a set number of houses say 2 now when they are ocupied your town would "level up" and you would be able to build a few more and mabye a shop or 2, then when those houses are filled you gain more houses, the space at which you can build on expands and you are given more improvements i.e better walls/fortification and more stores etc. now as for how to get people to live in your houses, for those of you who remember in fallout 3 there was a side quest where you had to escort a group to the lincoln memorial, now this is how C-A-T would work rather than escort them to the memorial you would have the option of asking them whether they would rather live in your new town, so now the quest would be to escort them to your town. Now if you remeber in F:NV there was a women called cass (i believe) who was a caravan owner, now with C-A-T there would have been an option to ask her to set up a caravan bae of operations in your town and so on, so your town improves throught side quests if you can see what i meen.
2. Crafting/Weapon mods: First off i would like to say that i did like the crafting on Fallout 3 with the improvised weapons, my personal favorite was The railway rifle, so i was hoping mabye they could add more depth to the improvised weapons with some new guns i.e a makeshift pistol or smg, by adding in some additional misc. items they could open a whole new world of crafting and also it would be cool if there was crafted weapon mods i.e for a pistol you could either buy a silencer from a vendor or go to a workbench with a lead pipe and some scrap metal and make an improvised silencer, this would add a more survival of the fitest feel to the game and it would be more like a wasteland than a loot hunt, if you could make your wepons rather than finding the best weapons on dead raiders you would find other improvised weapons like bonesaw attached to tire irons or, i know this isnt very original but baseball bats with nails.
3. Weapons: Now i know this is a post apocalypse franchise but that doesnt meen there wouldn't be high end weapons like the M4/Scar-H/M9 Beretta/MP5/M40A1 etc lying around especialy in military bunkers(and on faction members like NCR) i meen does everyone have to have Dirty, rusty weapons because if i walked into an army bunker that had survived a nuke, i wouldnt whant to get inside and find out that i have just destroyed like 30 robots and 10 raiders for a crappy hunting rifle, now dont get me wrong im not asking for it to be like COD or other FPS's im just asking for more high end real life guns, and mabye what they could do is the longer you have the weapon the more it deteariates for example an AK just found in a locked bunker is going to be in better condition than one found on the body of a raider, however the more you use the bunker AK the more dirt its going to pick up, this could also allow you to have a weapon part system so that you could go back to a workbench and field strip your current weapon and replace components with those in better condition.
4. Apparel: Some nice new clothes would be nice, and mabye implement the deteariation system i previously stated where your clothes could get dirtier the longer your out in the wasteland, this could add in some cool effects like if you go swimming your clothes could be wet for a while or if you get shot at you could have bullet holes and even blood on your clothes.
5. Transport: im not going to go into this one too much but a motorbike wouldn't hurt
6. Dynamic Weather: A weather system would be cool, so in the winter it snows often and in the summer the climate is hotter than usual could be cool to fight in the snow and rain
7. Follower back story: like in NV where Boone tells you about his wife it would be nice to get to know your followers alot more, i meen after all they are following you into the depths of hell prity much, would it hurt to know about there life, yes this could also include romance options but thats not a major thing in my opinion.
8. More realistic scale location: The one thing i didn't like about F:NV was that it was suposed to have not been damaged too much from the war, so how come there where only like 3 casinos on the strip, last time i checked Las vegas had like 8 casinos on the strip itself and several off, we dont mind if you take an extra year or so but please make the next location atleast close to the real life scale this would also inforce the transportation idea.
9. More effect on the World: I like to see that my action have an impact on the game world, so how come most misions don't change anything for example if i save big town from the mutants why is there no more people there than when i first arived, and it would be cool to see the factions expand/colapse depending on who you side with.
And my final one for now.
10. Graphics: Please oh please update the graphics this time, we have the technology now just look at skyrim, we are hoping for big things this time so please dont disapoint by using the same engine as F:3 and F:NV.
Thank you for reading guys please feel fre to comment on my thoughts and apply your own if you so with just remeber be nice.