_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

I'm a big fan of handguns when it comes to the original isometric games. The gunslinger trait/perk gives non-automatic pistols an added damage bonus. When I first glanced at the perk chart, I immediately chose this as my first perk, and decided thusly to be a pistol user throughout. Problem is I think I may have "played" myself into a corner...

Pretty early on I was lucky and actually got the 10mm pistol "maxed out" (Advanced reciever, long-ported barrel etc etc), and while in VATS I was able to pop off 9-10 shots usually destroying the targets, no matter WHAT kind, during those shots.

Now, I am on the verge of becoming lvl 17, and I still cling to my maxed out 10mm. My other guns include a maxed out pipe pistol, maxed out "Neverending" Pipe Revolver, a pretty decent Institute pistol, and "Rightous Authority". I used to wield a short barreled, short stocked hunting "rifle", but eventually found out it was categorized as a rifle (yes, it was in the name all along, but I didn't realize).

My 10mm pistol is not the badass gun it used to be, even though I am lvl 3 gunslinger. I does decent damage, I'll admit, but it doesn't do -enough- damage, and the ammo is quite scarce. It also hurts that I have to be fairly close to my victims to score above 50% hit ratio on the head.

For close encounters, I rely on my short-stocked sawed-off shotgun, which I also really, really wish was classified as a non-automatic "pistol" :) although its flimsy accuracy (0!) wastes a lot of ammo...

I really wish for a mod later on (for consoles) to put both the short-stocked hunting "weapon" and the short-stocked sawed-off shotgun into the pistol category.

I want some advice ; is there anything I can do to make my 10mm pistol king yet again? Are there any mods that wil become available later? Are there any "hidden" mods? Are there any .50 pistols around, and where oh where - can I find more .44 ammo?! I found a snub-nosed .44 revolver pretty early on, but the 5 rounds available, I spent on an early enounter with a deathclaw...

bhudspat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 bhudspat
Member since 2005 • 1359 Posts

@_Judas_: the Colt 1911 Mod gives you a pistol almost as powerful as the .44 but in .45 which is much more abundant ammo and the 1911 has a much better firing rate.