More action, more scares...If you enjoyed F.E.A.R. then this expansion will not disappoint.

User Rating: 8.5 | F.E.A.R. Extraction Point PC
Gameplay: 4/5
+ It pretty much keeps most of the same elements from the original game, but Extraction Point does offer a few small changes. Some minor ones include the ability to knock open a door with melee (which really has little to no effect on the game), and also to melee special crates that contain supplies. There are a few new guns which are fun to play around with because they are all pretty powerful. And of course there are a few new enemies, which provide some challenges as you try and discover how to kill them efficiently. The levels are right up there with the original game, taking you into spooky environments like a church crypt, subway system, and hospital. Overall I would say that what separates this game from F.E.A.R. is the increase in action and the increase in scaring you. Most of the combat involves a larger number of enemies at once, which usually makes it harder because you don't have all the reflex boosters that you could have had at the end of F.E.A.R. So even though you still use reflexes, you have to be more conservative with it since it won't last as long as you might be used to. Also, the horror they put in the game seemed more apparent and more of a threat. At the end of the first level when a certain event happened, I panicked and didn't know whether to unload my gun's clip or run and hide--a feeling I never experienced in the original game. And as the game continued, those types of moments kept happening and felt more threatening. So basically if you enjoyed the first game, this offers the same type of gameplay with a few extra additions.

Story/Presentation: 4/5
+ Although the story in this expansion isn't part of the official F.E.A.R. canon, it still is exciting to play through. It picks up immediately where you left off in the first game and carries the momentum. Although it is a little weird bringing back Paxton Fettel, I didn't mind too much because it helped make the story compelling. There are enough thrills and flow to make it enjoyable to play through.

Graphics: 4.5/5
+ Graphics are on par with with the first, and still as good. Although It doesn't offer a lot of improvements, I honestly don't feel like an expansion such as this is required to overhaul the graphics, so it's not disappointing.

Value: 4/5
+ The game lasts around 5 hours. By itself, that might seem short but as an expansion it is a respectable length. Also, considering that the first game was 8-9 hours then it seems like a good length for extra content. Again, the game basically takes everything from F.E.A.R. and gives you some extra time to play in that world. If you enjoyed F.E.A.R. (like I did) then you'll definitely like getting some extra content with this expansion.