Vocation leveling affecting gameplay.

#1 Posted by WithClogs (25 posts) -
Is it really a big deal to make sure you level as different vocations to play another, or is it not that much of a a big deal? For example; I'm aiming to play a Mystic Knight, but I feel like I'm going to have to start a new game to level up in different vocations to get those extra stat growths in order to be able to play a Mystic Knight, so my question is, should I start a whole new game, or does it not really matter that much. I'm around level 35, and I've been playing only strider and Magic Archer classes till level 35. My main pawns' name is Ulquiorra - level 35 Male Fighter. Gift me some cool items please? :)
#2 Posted by katerinafm (276 posts) -
For the main game, it doesn't matter which vocations you use as you level up. You'll still be over-powered by the end. For Dark Arisen however, a bad build could affect your gameplay. Not by making it completely unplayable, but you could have a much harder time with a bad build. Pure strength/magic builds were only meant for the online Ur-Dragon before Dark Arisen. I don't think you need to restart the game to make a powerful character. There are stat build guides you can check out to see how you should level up your character from now on depending on what you want. If Dark Arisen and the online Ur-dragon don't concern you much, just play whatever vocation you want.
#3 Posted by WithClogs (25 posts) -
I like your personal opinion on it, and I never really thought of it that way. Since I really want to try doing Dark Arisen and the online Ur-Dragon, I guess I'm gonna have to restart the game on an organized way of leveling up. I don't really mind restarting the game any ways. It only takes 3 hours to beat, I'm just going to have to farm offline Ur-Dragon a lot, and that gets boring. All you do is buy a bunch of Demon's/Conqueror's periapts and a pilgrims charm.
#4 Posted by katerinafm (276 posts) -
Sure, you could restart, but check out your stats first. The way you leveled up may be useful in the end. Strider gives a nice balance of magic, strength, and a bonus to stamina, which are all useful when playing as a Mystic Knight. Magic Archer gives you bonuses to defence and health. Besides, you got 165 levels to go :).
#5 Posted by WithClogs (25 posts) -
Well, since that level i started farming Offline ur dragon as a sorcerer and im level 100 now, so thats a good 500 magick boost, not going to restart after all.