pulamata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#3 pulamata
Member since 2006 • 57 Posts
so what you think bout the note? its in the games instructions booklet. DLC maybe? probably??
plasmus91091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 plasmus91091
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

i really doubt it

Known as the Ur-Dragon, this is the challenge that awaits Dragon?s Dogma owners," Capcom said. "Players and their parties of Pawns from around the world can compete collectively online in an asynchronous encounter against the Ur-Dragon via Xbox LIVE or PlayStation Network."

there will be more events sometime later

phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 phynixblack
Member since 2007 • 1113 Posts

No, friend. There is a super-boss in the game called Ur-Dragon. When you go in to fight him you do all the damage you can for eight minutes or until he kills you. The game remembers the damage you did and that damage will update to persist throughout other players games.

When he dies players who helped out ALL get rare and valuable items for their trouble.

Also, interestingly enough, the player to deal the actual killing blow gets a chance at some of the most powerful, rare and interesting weapons and equipment in the game. 

pulamata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 pulamata
Member since 2006 • 57 Posts
cheers for the info guys!! ....oh well, like Ikouze says, maybe the sequel well have co-op!
phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 phynixblack
Yeah. The lack of Co-Op in a game I know I would have liked it in is probably the biggest complaint I have. A lot of people argue for and against Co-Op in DD but honestly it would have worked out with 2 player Co-Op. Maybe someday.
Avatar image for MajahretDiviera
MajahretDiviera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 MajahretDiviera
Member since 2011 • 63 Posts

im fine with this not being co op, it works just fine as is. if it was all co-op then the game would be far too easy. and only having 1 other person co op with you wont be that great either, so again i feel that the pawn system was the way to go. especially if it was co op with all 4 players, then they would have to have constant blocking volumes to prevent other players from going to far way from the main player, not to mention there would be a lot of griefing by people killing npcs, which could be bad so i just dont think it would work out all that well.

phynixblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 phynixblack

im fine with this not being co op, it works just fine as is. if it was all co-op then the game would be far too easy. and only having 1 other person co op with you wont be that great either, so again i feel that the pawn system was the way to go. especially if it was co op with all 4 players, then they would have to have constant blocking volumes to prevent other players from going to far way from the main player, not to mention there would be a lot of griefing by people killing npcs, which could be bad so i just dont think it would work out all that well.

MajahretDiviera

Sorry. I just disagree. Co-Op could have very, very easily been set up to work in a fashion that doesn't make the game far too easy.

Just off the top of my head I could point out it would be easy to simply scale the second Arisen to the level of the First. So the only advantage a much higher leveled player would bring into your world is his sometimes better gear. Work it like Dark Souls in the way that his death will boot him from the world.

Two Arisen. Two main pawn. Scale levels to make it so the host can't just be backpacked through monsters far more powerful then they should take on. Because of the level gaps effect your ability to fight enemies it'd balance out. You'd just share a quest directly with a friend.

And there in lies the REAL trick to balancing it all out. Limit Co-Op play to friends lists. The reason Co-Op would be nice is purely because helping or playing with a good buddy would be great. There is no reason to encourage playing with random people.

Balance would be an issue with four players, granted. But two could work without a huge change to the way the enemies already act.