Online UR dragon drops? talarian white

#1 Posted by idunnodude (2287 posts) -

hey im just wondering how they work. it says you have to kill the online ur dragon to get the talarian white. well this thing never dies im not sure i understand. its health didn't even go down a little bit. i killed the offline one and i got heavens key and a bunch of wakestones. im a level 60 sorcerer, and recently unlocked the everfall.

is there any chance for me to ever get a talarian white? it seems like there is no killing this thing? i just really like the look of it and my arisen is an all white gandalf inspired sorcerer and he would look even more awesome with a talarian white. or if anyone has a spare one or something i would be very greatful and we can be bffs lol.

#2 Posted by Ghostshell88 (46 posts) -

Online ur dragon has 1.700.000 HP. You have to hit his glowing spots (or hearts, check google for heart locations.) You share the same dragon with others online that also deal damage to it, so each time you come back to the ur dragon it should have lower health. You don't have to kill it yourself, when somone else has killed it (after you contributed) the loot will be waiting the next time you come back.

The online ur dragon also gets stronger each generation (after he's been killed.)

EDIT: If you use the 'makers fingers' arrow it will deal huge damage and take down about half a bar.

#3 Posted by idunnodude (2287 posts) -

Online ur dragon has 1.700.000 HP. You have to hit his glowing spots (or hearts, check google for heart locations.) You share the same dragon with others online that also deal damage to it, so each time you come back to the ur dragon it should have lower health. You don't have to kill it yourself, when somone else has killed it (after you contributed) the loot will be waiting the next time you come back.

The online ur dragon also gets stronger each generation (after he's been killed.)

EDIT: If you use the 'makers fingers' arrow it will deal huge damage and take down about half a bar.

Ghostshell88

ok so is the drop guaranteed? or is it one of those 2% drops or something? how long does it usually take for one to die? doesn't seem like i even put a dent in it. how do you know if you are contributing enough? and is this the only way to get a talarian white? seems kidna hopeless at this point lol.

#4 Posted by Ghostshell88 (46 posts) -

Weapon dops are guaranteed if you finish it off, but not the other way around, though I'm pretty sure it's higher than 2% chance. The best way to deal damage is to use tenfold flurry (ranger) and have a mage or two with Holy affinity (his main magick weakness.) But yeah, if you really want to deal some damage you need 'makers finger' arrow, which kills any creature with one hit, and drops about half a health bar on ur-dragon (but costs around 300k.) It is tedious, and personally I usually just let someone else finish him off and hope for drops.

EDIT: It appears to be the only way. There's also the volant white that he drops, and dragon's risen (not a ur-dragon  drop) if you're a sorcerer, which can be bought instead of waiting forever on the ur-dragon to finally die. It looks pretty cool too.

#5 Posted by idunnodude (2287 posts) -

Weapon dops are guaranteed if you finish it off, but not the other way around, though I'm pretty sure it's higher than 2% chance. The best way to deal damage is to use tenfold flurry (ranger) and have a mage or two with Holy affinity (his main magick weakness.) But yeah, if you really want to deal some damage you need 'makers finger' arrow, which kills any creature with one hit, and drops about half a health bar on ur-dragon (but costs around 300k.) It is tedious, and personally I usually just let someone else finish him off and hope for drops.

EDIT: It appears to be the only way. There's also the volant white that he drops, and dragon's risen (not a ur-dragon  drop) if you're a sorcerer, which can be bought instead of waiting forever on the ur-dragon to finally die. It looks pretty cool too.

Ghostshell88
thanks for the help dude. i ended up just forgetting about it and beating the game. the talarian white looks awesome and would be perfect for my character, but its way too damn tedious. i just dragonforged my dragon's wit and did the final battle. interesting ending, i wish the rest of the story was as in-depth as the ending parts. great game, although i feel like it could've been SO much better. seriously, i think this game has the potential to be one of the greatest rpgs of all time, it is just lacking in a lot of areas. i don't really get why they would pack all the best endgame gear and stuff at the end. i mean what are you supposed to do after you do get it? endless ur dragon runs? yeah fighting all the tough monsters and stuff is fun and all, but there is no more story progression, sidequests or any of that stuff. and NG+ is just the same thing but instead you have all your stuff and can annihilate everything. im just imagining a game with dragon's dogma combat and customization, skyrim inspired world/sidequests, and mass effect inspired story. now that would be the near perfect wrpg.
#6 Posted by Ghostshell88 (46 posts) -

Technically there's two endings. Did you collect the 20 wakestones in the everfall and kill the Seneschal yet?

I got bored after beating the game too, and now I'm just transferring my best gear to low level pawns on new accounts so new players can have a beast pawn to roll with. The ur-dragon fight was done wrong imo, you should be allowed to invite (or join) three other people to fight it, and his health should be lowered, because fighting the ur as-is, is basically a waiting game that you have to repeat.

#7 Posted by idunnodude (2287 posts) -

Technically there's two endings. Did you collect the 20 wakestones in the everfall and kill the Seneschal yet?

I got bored after beating the game too, and now I'm just transferring my best gear to low level pawns on new accounts so new players can have a beast pawn to roll with. The ur-dragon fight was done wrong imo, you should be allowed to invite (or join) three other people to fight it, and his health should be lowered, because fighting the ur as-is, is basically a waiting game that you have to repeat.

Ghostshell88
yeah thats the ending i was talking about. beating the seneschal and becoming god or whatever. then killing yourself and your pawn taking your body to live a human life or whatever. i can't say i fully understood it though. it was kinda wierd, especially since my pawn was a girl lol. and i never got why saven didn't just kill himself? why did he have to wait for you to come and kill him? i mean the dude had the sword in him he couldve just pulled it out anytime and broke the cycle or whatever.
#8 Posted by Ghostshell88 (46 posts) -

I honestly forgot who Savan is lol, and I never really tried figuring the story out, was kinda distracted/grossed out that my char ended up making out with the Duke's assistant (whatever his name is) which was really weird, I guess it's some thing like whoever you do the most quests for ends up kissing you in the end. At first I thought it was whoever you talked to the most, so I ended up chat spamming the closest chick around (sales lady in grand soren inn, probably the hottest chick in the game) then every other ending ended with Mercedes for some reason.

I really don't get it, but hopefully they don't do the same thing next game.

EDIT: Definitely check message below ;)

#9 Posted by Ghostshell88 (46 posts) -

Hey I got some good news, you might be able to kill the ur-dragon within TWO MINUTES :0

Might not want to get too excited though, because it may be patched, and I can't check atm. Here's a list of stuff you'll need:

Spells:

holy affinity

focused bolt - R(ank)6 mage/sorcerer

Augments:

equanimity - R(ank)2 mage

attunement - R9 mage

ferocity - R3 warrior

acuity R9 - sorcerer

bloodlust R4 - assasin

autonomy R9 - assasin

Items:

demon's periapt (20-30+) - buy from fournival

silverwheath paste (20-30+) also from fournival

Wakestones/minimal healing items

Instructions:

1. Release/kill ALL pawns following you, this activates autonomy augment.

2. Drain your health until the meter is red, activating exquanimity augment

3. Sleep until night, activating bloodlust.

4. Switch to offline ur-dragon.

5. When the dragon arrives, use a demon's periapt and silverwheat, and again every time they wear off (make sure your health is still in red area) and keep your stave holy enchanted.

6. During fight, hold the light attack button until focused bolt is charged, then simply keep spamming it, and should bring at least half, one or two health bars with EACH attack, which is pretty insane.

I'm definitely testing it tomorrow after I max mage/sorc on my main.