Dragon's Dogma Ending Explained (SPOILERS!!!)

#1 Posted by Haru_Totetsu (26 posts) -

Okay so I've seen some speculation on the ending of Dragon's Dogma and what it exactly entails so I thought I'd take my own swing at it. So, here it goes.

When you defeat the Dragon, the Dragonforged, and the Duke are affected, this is because neither of them defeated the Dragon, their hearts are still held within the Dragon, so when you as an Arisen defeat the Dragon and claim back your heart, that also returns the hearts of both the Dragonforged and the Duke to them.

Now the Duke is by far the easiest to explain. He reached the Dragon as you did, but when asked would he stand and fight or leave his loved one behind and gain influence in the world, he chose to sacrifice his wife Lenora (She's only mentioned once or twice I believe, but not really explained in detail). So the Duke took the Dragons bargin. The Dragon would depart for a time and allow the Duke to hold power over the land he was born into. Oh and FYI, the Duke is the ruler of Gransys, the country the games based in), because Duke can be put in charge of countries controlled by a kingdom, and rule over it in the true monarchs stead. In this case the Dukes the true ruler, as far as we're aware, as an actual ruler from another land would be mentioned if it was ruled over by another nation. So basicly the Duke gave up his lover (which you can do for a little cutscene showing you as the new ruler of Gransys, but its not the true ending so you'll be forced to "Retry").

Now the Dragonforged is more complicated, he didn't get his heart back from the Dragon, but his pawn survived (the Fool is his pawn), weather he actually survived or not isn't very clear, though it seems he didn't and because of that, the "immortality" the Dragon gave him trapped his soul on the earthly plain. So I believe he's a ghost, that is bound to the world because he failed to defeat the Dragon. He wasn't ready basicly, which was what the Dragon waits for. The Arisen to get ready to defeat him. He was mostlikely arrogant and cocky when he set out on his quest and thus grew too bold and took on the Dragon much sooner than you did. So he ordered his pawn to leave items that would lead any Arisen wise enough, to him so he could council them so they wouldn't make the same mistake. Hence why your told to go and visit him before you face the Dragon.

So basicly the Dragonforged failed against the Dragon (the only one I assume who can truly kill the Arisen), and never reclaimed his heart. This was probably quite soon after Savan had defeated the Dragon, and the Dragonforged probably didn't know about him or didn't think much of him. Now the Duke aged, it had only been 50 years remember, and one of the villagers in Cassardis (Iola, the elderly shop keeper) states that he and she are about the same age. The Duke hasn't really been in that much danger since he took the Dragon's bargin so its not surprizing he would have lived and still been able to weild a sword, too some degree.

Now the biggest conundrum people have faced is, Selene. Selene is a pawn that was given humanity. This is actually either very simple or very difficult. Either she was given humanity the same way your is after the true ending, ehen you stab yourself with the Godsblade, and she couldn't handle the shock of losing her Arisen (now that she has human emotions she'd react like we would if we lost someone we loved very dearly, some simply fall into depression and this would explain why she forgot everything until she met you). This seems to have some gaps though, such as what about her Grandmothers spirit (her Arisen). Well she might of grown to care for Selene so much she held on to the world, and stays there still to tell other Arisen about this connection and gift they can give to their pawns if they truly care for them. But this still seems flawed to me so lets try a different approach.

When her Arisen faced the Dragon, she asked that her heart be given to Selene instead, and that she lose her immortality (because the Dragon is based around Angels believe it or not, and has connections to the Senechal, who in their own way is a God). She may even of just asked for her pawn to gain a heart or to share her heart with her pawn, which would explain why she aged and died, but Selene still lives, because she got the heart after her Grandmother died, and it would take time for it to meld with her, and it would take even longerwhen she wasn't in contact with other humans for her to learn from, as having a heart was new to her. But some might not agree with this, as it still has gaps.

Really it might just be that Arisen have affects on their Pawns, without even realizing it. So Pawns can become human, if they spent more time with a human. The problem is they begin to act like THAT human, and not as an individual. Basicly Selene is where all the real mysteries show up.

But concerning your Arisen and Main Pawn at the very end of the game? You sacrifice yourself in an attempt to break the cycle, to break the chain, and knowingly or not give your body and heart to your Pawn. Personally I like to think that your Arisen used their powers as Senechal to ensure that before their lights went perminantly out. But that's just me, as I love happy endings.

So that's it, I gave it my best shot and I'd love to know what you think. Do you have any theories abou the ending?

#2 Posted by Regression (293 posts) -

That sounds pretty sensible.  My theory is that the Duke used to be just a regular guy, and one day the dragon came flying in mistaking him for the Arisen, confronting him about issues that were not his own.  The actual arisen's wife owed her heart to the dragon, but the dragon, thinking this burnout bearded loser was the arisen, expected to get that heart when he confronted the Duke.  Since he wasn't married at all, he was bewildered when the Dragon then peed on his rug, which really tied the room together, and flew off.  So Duke went to go visit the Arisen at his castle, to basically ask compensation for the rug.  The Arisen replied, "Let me get this straight, every time a rug is nictorated upon by a dragon in this very kingdom, I have to be the one to compensate?"  The Arisen then called him a bum and yelled at him until he left.  For the next few weeks there were a lot of ins and outs, lot of what have yous, germans were involved, a missing toe, a movie named Logjammin, etc etc. 

Eventually he confronted the dragon, but his white russian was spiked with a youth potion and he was ejected from the dragon's garden party.  He was found wandering the roads with only a Seeker's Token in his wallet and was taken in by the chief of Bloodwater Beach, who then hit him in the head with a coffee mug.  The Duke decided he'd tender his resignation, and wandered home to find the daughter of the Arisen wearing his robes.  Due to specific exercises post-coitus, the Duke unknowingly bore her a child and was ritually married into her royal family, thus gaining the actual Duke title.  All the other stories surrounding the Duke were false and created to give him a rich history, when in actuality the most he'd achieved in his life was writing the uncompromised first draft of the Gran Soren Statement, being a member of the Soulflayer 7 with six other guys, and also at some point a roadie for Metallica.  Speed of Sound Tour.  Fast forward to present time, he sits on his throne in his robes and jellies, and bowls occasionally. 

That's my take.  The Duke looks a lot like Jeff Bridges.

#3 Posted by evildeeds19 (94 posts) -

Nice, that was the kind of ending I thought it was just more cleared up :)

#4 Posted by NinjaStatic (738 posts) -

Here's my take on some of it, yes I'm aware it's lengthy:

~~~

Selene is a bit of an oddity. I'm not sure if she gained her humanity from her master by the godsbane method or just slowly over time she eventually took on the "life force" of the lingering spirit of her master. My guess is the latter, as it would "appear" the cycle has only been broken once... when you, as the new Seneschal, do so.

Plus, pawns eventually take on, or mimic, the forms of their masters in time anyway. It's possible that, with her master dead, Selene was more able to "fully become" a human throughout the years. Her master could've been an Arisen that died in battle against the Dragon, thus her heart became "forfeit," as did her humanity, and became up for grabs, so to speak.

However, I would assume this doesn't just occur by merely dying out in the wilderness, but by falling in battle against the Dragon, "honorably." That could explain how a pawn such as Selene could take on "humanity," in time, without the godsbane method.

Furthermore, I'm almost certain that breaking "the cycle" by using the godsbane causes vast and dire consequences for the world, although maybe not entirely immediate, which we will have to deal with in the sequel. I mean, just look at what happened when the Seneschal's vanguard, the Dragon, was slain. The loss of such a powerful entity left a void and caused the world to become clouded in a dreadful darkness, whether by design or not.

So the loss of a Seneschal, with no replacement, would cause cataclysmic events not long after, I'd wager. Events that would be spoken of and passed down as terrible legends for ages. Which leads me to believe it's more likely that Selene's gaining of her humanity was instead a gradual process, one that was allowed more fruition due to her master having passed on. I'm probably wrong, but from what I've seen in my game this is how I perceive it so far.

As for the Dragonforged, he was very, very old. Despite the fact that he was an Arisen, the Dragonforged was still human and as such, time would eventually take him. The Dragonforged had long since outlived his era. Thus, he became almost a ghost. Only pawns and other Arisen could even see him anymore, for some unknown reason (which I briefly discuss further below), and his appearance was grisly looking, almost as if he was left out in the cold for too long or charred in a fire.

Anyway, his existence was being "held in place" if you will, by the Dragon's gift/curse. Once the Dragon was finally defeated, he relinquished all the hearts he stole from past, and present, Arisen. This caused what remained of the Dragonforged to fade into dust, as if time had finally been returned to him again. And since he would have been dead long ago, he died in mere seconds.

Speaking of which, the Duke didn't die because he was still apart of the current age. He would have still been living out his life, albeit as a very old man. As such, when time returned to him, he merely aged to the appropriate year.

It should also be noted that the Duke took the Dragon's offer. There can be no doubt of that, obviously. He even tries to kill Aelinore in some twisted trance caused by the trauma of his horrid decision to offer up his past lover, brought on no less by the coming of a new Arisen and the return of the Dragon.

On the other hand, the decision of the Dragonforged is subject to debate. He could have gone either way... fleeing and refusing to face the Dragon or taking the bribe for power and safety. However, we can't be sure, because obviously so much time has passed that he is merely a ghost now and has almost been all but forgotten to the world. Though, if he didnt take the offer, one can only assume the Dragon would've hunted him down eventually.

That leads me to ponder another path. I've read speculation that the Dragonforged was one of the first Arisen, after Savan, to face the Dragon (albeit not the same one Savan killed, as that one might now be the Ur-Dragon), but he did so alone. Thus, the Dragonforged died and was "forged" by the Dragon's fire, hence the name. However, supposedly Savan had mercy on him and kept him alive, for as long as the Dragon drew breath, to become a beacon of hope and guidance to other Arisen attempting to fell the beast. This could be why he appears to be burned and scarred and is only visibile to Arisen and pawns. It's certainly a feasible theory.

Lastly, concerning Savan, the Seneschal, he was the guy we played as in the beginning of the game and is/was the most recent Arisen to become the Seneschal. Meaning that no other Arisen defeated the Dragon to confront the Seneschal to "try" and claim his throne. Evidence of this is sparse to non-existent, but there would have been talk amongst the people and tales of a darkness spreading across the land long ago, much like that which occurs after you kill the Dragon, if it had actually happened after Savan's time and prior to now.

Something else I'm wondering is... is the Seneschal's position that of a "substitute" god? It seems to be so. It would be interesting if details were uncovered, in a sequel, that explained why such a position was crafted in the first place. Perhaps the "true" God created something too powerful and it destroyed him/her/it? Whatever the case, it's obvious that each Seneschal must revive the world's will to live when it becomes too complacent and has to eventually pass on their throne to a new Arisen, for whatever reason.

~~~

#5 Posted by SethCypher (122 posts) -

Lastly, concerning Savan, the Seneschal, he was the guy we played as in the beginning of the game and is/was the most recent Arisen to become the Seneschal. Meaning that no other Arisen defeated the Dragon to confront the Seneschal to "try" and claim his throne. Evidence of this is sparse to non-existent, but there would have been talk amongst the people and tales of a darkness spreading across the land long ago, much like that which occurs after you kill the Dragon, if it had actually happened after Savan's time and prior to now.

Actually, there was the dragon. The dragon is most likely an Arisen that defeated another Dragon in the past but failed to defeat the Seneschal in the past, thus being re purposed into a new dragon.
#6 Posted by NylaMandisa (121 posts) -

If you give enough gifts to the Dragonforged and The Fool they tell you some interesting things. The Fool has grown to look like his master over a thousand years, so obviously its a very slow process. This is also why the Dragonforged just turns to dust the second his heart is returned. I'm under the impression that when he fought against the dragon he lost though wasn't killed, but trapped on the cusp of life and death due to the dragon's fire. I mean defeating the dragon gets us dragon forged gear which is beyond the skill level of man to reach.

As for why there needs to be a new Senechel, Savan himself explains that. He's just losing the will and desire to keep the world going. "The fire of my life is spent" in his own words. Its been over a thousand years since he slew the dragon and took up the mantle of Seneschel, so it stands to reason that the whole Everfall and dark cloudy skies and looming super beasts from other worlds happen each time the dragon is slain. To further refine the will and might of the Arisen. Even if they fall then against the Seneschel, they take all that knowledge with them. The Dragon you fight says a few interesting things during the boss battle, such as remember how he once inflicted the same pain on a dragon. So if the Arisen isn't strong enough to defeat the Seneschel, then next Arisen faces an even more formidable Dragon until, eventually, one can best it.

#7 Posted by NinjaStatic (738 posts) -

Lastly, concerning Savan, the Seneschal, he was the guy we played as in the beginning of the game and is/was the most recent Arisen to become the Seneschal. Meaning that no other Arisen defeated the Dragon to confront the Seneschal to "try" and claim his throne. Evidence of this is sparse to non-existent, but there would have been talk amongst the people and tales of a darkness spreading across the land long ago, much like that which occurs after you kill the Dragon, if it had actually happened after Savan's time and prior to now.SethCypher

Actually, there was the dragon. The dragon is most likely an Arisen that defeated another Dragon in the past but failed to defeat the Seneschal in the past, thus being re purposed into a new dragon.

He would've been similar in color and "health" with the Grigori Dragon though. So, he's either the Dragon Savan killed or the one that the player recently kills... and my money is on the one Savan killed, hence the supreme strength and resistence, since he would have been thousands of years old in his undead state.

And what I meant by why the Seneschal position being needed was... why do "substitute gods" seem to be required in the first place? As in, what caused the original creator to grant position of power to humans/Arisen? Is he dead? Absent? What's going on with that whole thing is what I would like to be explored, if only a litte, in the future.

#8 Posted by SethCypher (122 posts) -

He would've been similar in color and "health" with the Grigori Dragon though. So, he's either the Dragon Savan killed or the one that the player recently kills... and my money is on the one Savan killed, hence the supreme strength and resistence, since he would have been thousands of years old in his undead state.

Wait what are you talking about? I'm saying the Grigori Dragon is one of the few Arisen that came after Savan who managed to defeat the dragon. However, this unknown Arisen was unable to overcome the Seneschal and was thus remade into a new Dragon.
#9 Posted by NinjaStatic (738 posts) -

I thought you were referring to the Ur-Dragon. Anyway, yeah one of the known methods of creating the Grigori Dragon is by taking Arisen who fall before the Seneschal and turning them into the beast. Still, the Seneschal can conjure up all life.

So, it doesn't necessarily mean that the recent Grigori Dragon was a fallen Arisen. Since Savan had killed his red Dragon he would've had to create another anyway... either by pulling one out of a parallel dimension, in which that particular Arisen had fallen around the time Savan defeated the Seneschal, or simply from thin air.

Remember Savan says there are many other parallel worlds out there, moving all in much the same motion as the next, maybe even mirroring one another often times. This is presumably how we are able to enlist pawns. And since the Everfall is kind of like the "stairway to heaven," we even see a few pawns here and there that are lost to time, because their masters had fallen in their dimension. However, while every dimension features the Everfall, I'm wondering if perhaps there is only one heaven?

It's assumed, at least in this particular world, that no one had previously faced Savan since he claimed the throne, because there are no tales of the same darkness or destruction, seen after the Dragon is actually killed, taking over the land, except that which has always been brought forth by the Dragon himself. We are led to believe that the most recent Arisen to even step foot in "the heavens" are Savan and you.

Unless, of course, the world was made to forget the destruction caused by the Dragon's death. In which case it would be pointless, as the entire goal of the Seneschal is to sustain and ultimately reinvigorate the world's will to live. Though, maybe that's not it at all. Maybe the Seneschal simply has a limit to how much "eternity" they can withstand and so they constantly look for someone to take their place.

One of the great things about the game's story elements is they leave a lot of things up to the interpretation of the player as an individual. They provide you with enough backstory and development that you can kind of make your own guess as to how things are and how they are supposed to be, just by using your imagination. It's not just, you know, "kill a dragon, save the world."

#10 Posted by razorkaos (25 posts) -

Well, the story is about cycles that are constantly repeating. When you stab yourself, then, you and your main pawn fall from the sky, exiting that "rift" where the seneschal lives. You are not dead after stabbing yourself, at least, not untill you touch the water. The godsbane turns you into a human, mortal. So, you die with the impact on the water, as a normal human would. But before you touch the water (and die), your pawn screams "MASTER!", as he cares about you. People say that pawns don't have feellings, but you know this is not true when you play the game: they care about you, they feel the pain when they are struck and so on. They don't have free will, it's a fact. 

"MASTEEEERRR"

You (the player) see your Arisen sitting on the beach, as he looks to his hands and repeat "Master". This scene shows that your pawn became the Arisen (you can tell "the pawn's soul incarnate on the arisen's body", to explain easily), and he's surprised with this. Another fact that reinforce this theory: when you begin your new game +, you face the character edition screen again. Your character remains as it was, EXCEPT for the fact he/she doesn't have that big scar on his/her chest. The world is "reseted", and another Dragon comes. What about The Dragonforged, The Duke and the Dragon?  Think with me (it's a theory, feel free to disagree): In the beginning, was the Seneschal, creator and ruler of the world. When a human dies, he goes to the rift and lives there as a pawn. Then, as the time pass, humans become "evil" (for the lack of a better word) and to punish the humanity, the Seneschal creates Grigori. You can see Grigori as a curse, as it's described as "pure evil". In fact, Grigori is not evil: Grigori it's just a reflection, a materialization of humanity's evil.

So, it always give the Arisen a choice (sacrifice his/her beloved one for the humanity's peace, or face humanity's evil alone), and it will return one day 'cause humanity never learn, they think they'll always have a savior, the Arisen. It's a neverending cycle, but it still don't explain about the Arisen's origin. In fact, humanity is right: one day, when Grigori attacks the land, someone will face it. The reasons can vary, ranging form protecting people the Arisen loves or fighting for survival. When a person face the dragon, that person face all the evil of the humanity alone. The Seneschal gives the immortality to that person, and the dragon, take that person's heart. Then, the Arisen starts a quest not only to take his/her heart back, but to get revenge. When the Arisen face Grigori again, a bargain is offered, and the Arisen accept or not. Accepting, the Arisen proves to the Seneschal that he/she is as corrupt as those who are the original cause for the Seneschal to create Grigori, and as a punishment, the Arisen becomes a ruler or a land, and live forever in solitude. This "forever" is not true, as if other Arisen refuses Grigori's bargain and slain the dragon (cleansing the world of evil and corruption), the "Duke" will vanish with the dragon (imagine that the dragon and the corrupt arisen have a bond, and when one die, the other die too).

The cycle should close here, but an Arisen, in the past (it's a theory, don't forget) made exactly what you made: He/she entered the rift trough that portal in the Everfall, and found itself in front of the Seneschal. They fought, and the the Arisen won, proving his/her valor. As a reward (and probably getting tired of that existence in the rift) the first Seneschal created a sword that is the only thing that can "kill" the Seneschal. The other blade, with the same name, it's just the other side of the coin, but in fact, they are the same blade. The one you get from Grigori it's just the Godsbane counterpart in the "Earth". 

Once freed, the Seneschal comes to the "Earth" as a human. BUT, that Arisen chose to kill him/herself, preventing a lonely life to eternity. As it happens, the pawn who serves the Arisen return to the "Earth", now as Arisen. So, it's like:

The Seneschal is freed, becomes a human, and his/her pawn becomes the Arisen.

Grigori dies (by the hands of an Arisen), and all Arisens that made a pact with Grigori, are vanished too.

The Arisen who slains Grigori faces the Seneschal, and chooses between fight to become the Seneschal (if the Arisen wins) or turn back and live as a common human. If the Arisen fight the Seneschal, but die, the Seneschal turns the Arisen into Grigori. 

If the Seneschal frees him/herself, his/her pawn becomes the new Arisen.

I know, it have some gaps, but was the most logical conclusion i got. Forgive me about my poor english.

#11 Posted by DeusEcclesia (25 posts) -

Meh. I thought the story was full of plot holes. Let me explain below:

• Savan supposedly kills The Dragon and yet the dragon he faced is clearly the same dragon you face. Both have the same voice and appearance. I suppose one could say that "maybe all dragons look alike with the same voice" but that's speculation and not supported by any in-game evidence. One could also say that "maybe the same Dragon is reborn within each Arisen that fails" but again this isn't supported by any in-game evidence. Maybe The Dragon is reborn within the body of each Arisen that fails but nothing states this and Capcom could easily have given the prologue dragon a different voice or at least a different appearanceto signify it was a different dragon but they don't which implies Savan didn't kill The Dragon at all unless you go upon one of the excuses I made above which isn't even mentioned in-game.
  • The Witch (Selene's Arisen) is clearly dead. So did she kill the dragon of her time? Since she is described as a "grandmother" that would have to had been before The Duke and The Dragon-forged right? Yet Quina mentions The Witch used to visit the village which contradicts everything. If she killed the dragon she wouldn't have been living life amongst the living and she couldn't have killed herself declining Seneschalstatus because that would have broken the "endless" circle meaning there wouldn't ever have been a dragon ever again to attack the world. If she never defeated the dragon, why is she dead? Was she killed? Yet another plot-hole or a contradiction.
  • The Seneschal is technically a god. Your Arisen tells you that you have the power to do anything, even end everything. Yet the Seneschal before you (Savan) - with his supposedlyomnipotent nature - needed you to free him from the "endless" cycle and supposedly the Seneschals before him required the same. That's not really omnipotence then. Thechronicles even describes the Seneschal as being omnipotent but I've clearly shown that this is not the case otherwise each Seneschal would be able to do what they want and even end the cycle without having the kill themselves.
  • Which brings me to another point. The Godsbane blade surely is given to each Arisen who slays The Dragon right? Then why didn't Savan use it upon himself? Strangely we see him pull it from his heart and give it to you but you already have the Godsbane blade from The Dragon (plot contradiction by Capcom? Or was the blade always originally meant to be given to you by Savan and not The Dragon?) so this point doesn't make much sense. One could say he stabbed himself and freed his soul and then got the "real" ending of the game where the pawn takes over their Arisen's body but this contradicts him summoning Salde to fight for him and it also contradicts him asking you to free his soul. So if he used the Godsbane upon himself, it clearly didn't free him. Why did it free you? Why in God's holy name is Savan pulling the blade from his heart when it's supposed to be in your possession already? Major contradictions here Capcom or an unexplained point (yet again).
  • So supposedly, if the Seneschal uses the Godsbane blade upon themselves, it not only frees them from their duty but also breaks the "endless" cycle. Then why in Heaven's name didn't any of the Seneschals do this? Apparently not being in an endless cycle is better for the world and yet none of the previous Seneschals who are supposedlyomnipotent and omniscience even think of using the Godsbane blade upon themselves. Savan talks about the Seneschals watching over the world and making sure it's worth watching by sending a dragon which tests the Arisen's will but then he says the endless cycle is cruel and yet he - like all the Seneschals - had the power to break it but never did.

Nah. Too much is left unexplained and confusing. You're left to come up with speculations or Deus Ex machinas to explain the countless plot-holes and contradictions within the story. This isn't Dark Souls where entire lore, dialogue and story is presented in ways which areambiguous. In Dragon's Dogma, everything is presented as clear and I feel as though Capcom tried to make everythingambiguous towards the end but it's kinda late to do that at that point when everything beforehand was explained and made clear. Capcom just ended up creating plot holes and massive contradictions.

Also your pawn merging with your body is just weird if you have a character and pawn of opposite genders. You either end up with a male with a female's voice or a female with a male's voice. That just made the ending even more weird and annoying. After being left with an unsatisfyingconclusion, the whole "switching body" thing occurs which just makes everything worst.

I seriously hope Capcom get better writers for any other Dragon's Dogma games that follow. Gameplay and features are amazing. The story? Not so much. I haven't played other Capcom games but I do recall that Resident Evil games have been praised for their story-telling and I just looked at the Gamespot review for RE4 which praises the story. So surely if those games have great stories, Capcom are capable of making a great story for the next DD, they just need to give it more thought.

#12 Posted by zkulllegend (25 posts) -
maybe there always has to be a Seneschal so you can't kill yourself as a Seneschal, you have to find a new one first.
#13 Edited by yukisanada (1 posts) -

you misunderstood the ending miles away! because i kinda saw two people hitting the water and if you puss in time you can see that they are vastly different from one another even 1 second before they hit the water. sooo i don't think that the person we see in the end is the pawn! your pawn doesn't stolen your identity and your girlfriend no no no what happened is that your pawn gave her life to revive you and now you and her stuck in the same body its still you its just that you hear her voice in your head or that or that its not your pawn or you but an entire new person that was created by your pawn and you becoming one your souls kinda fused together its not that your pawn looks like you and if you don't believe me then look at the description and the lines straight from the game itself https://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/8/80421/2239326-dogma_ending_loadscreen.png basically in the end you and your pawn are so close to one another that you two become one some say that the ultimate act of love is when a man and a woman becomes one in this case its the same you and your pawn became one (not sex i mean latterly one person) a new person its not your pawn nor it is you it this new person have your looks its not your pawn that now looks like you it have the same cloths as you have so clearly its not your pawn yet its not you ether because the voice and personalty not fits but its not your pawn your pawn can't feel love to any one other then the Arisen and its not the pawn that took over the Arisen body ether for it have the pawns voice basically its a new person that have your looks and clothing yet have your pawn's voice and as for personalty its a mixture of you and your pawn basically you and your pawn did fusion in that water to create that new hero that in my case have an awefully girly voice but nothing that the change stone can't fix. tho its matter not because this ending didn't truly happened it ain't canonn the real ending is you become god until the next Arisen come and kill you and then he become god until the next Arisen kill him you see if you played offline and then played new game pulse the next time you will fight god with your next Arisen and Pawn it will be your old Arisen and his pawn there for the cannon ending is actually defeating god and not killing yourself and gerven the world for all eternity until the next Arisen kill you and how do i know that,take elder scrolls 3 4 and 5 you can do many stuff in thous games but the only true cannon are the ones that effect the next game and in Dragon's Dogma the next game is you playing dragon's dogma again,you see Dragon's dogma 2nd time playing is kinda all so "dragon's dogma 2 or Dragon's Dogma 1.5" but in "dragon's dogma 1.5" the story is about a new arisen that exist in a world that your old arisen created which is a complete copy of his old world after countless of other Arisens he tested who all failed the latest Arisen that failed is the cornet red dragon and when you reach the end if you play offline that is you will meet your old Arisen with his old pawn and he to like the first god you met in "Dragon's Dogma 1" is tired and wish to die there for thats the real ending it is the only ending that effects and apper future installments of the game dragon's Dogma meant to be a replay able experience of at list 2 times if not more if that ending effect future game plays yet the others don't it means this is what truly happned. all so Quina's words prove my theory of it is not the Arisen or the pawn but a mix of the two here look

"You're not... your face is his/hers but you're not... No, but he's/she's here now. Still, I... I'm sure of it."

so ya that new guy its not you its not your pawn it is both you and your pawn in the same body.