rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

Straight up this game is awful and people eat it up like it's amazing. It's an mmo, really, next we'll obviously see draon age online with the way this game went. Skill timers, tab targeting, kill x bad guys, bland story, simplified and automated game mechanics and simplified walk in general direction of waypoint marker gameplay. Good work Bioware, you went from revolutionary to mmo f2p. Baldur's Gate to lock on tab targeting and mindless objective following. How this game gets good reviews blows my mind, people like this? Seriously?

It's hilarious how each game went from hardcore D&D rules progressively towards dumbed down simplified mindless combat with timers and skill spamming as well as from unique original concepts to as formulaic as it gets story telling. Literally step by step from complex and challenging to simple and mindless. This game is a shiny turd, if it were a song it would be a very well done mashup of annoying filler tracks.

Graphics 9

Audio 6.5

Everything else 3

vespa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 vespa5
Member since 2007 • 2833 Posts

@rabakill: This is your opinion (and everyone has got one, especially game reviewers) regarding your experience with the game. If you don't like it, great, don't play it anymore. It goes both ways too. Whatever games *you* may think are awesome may seem like "a shiny turd" to others.

Heroldp813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Heroldp813
Member since 2008 • 2103 Posts

@rabakill:

Each character has a immense back story. The conversations are amazing. Graphics are spot on. I have yet to run out of things to do. You can play destiny and keep killing the same spider on earth if you'd like. I personally love this game and I actually walked into it thinking it would suck. Man have they proved me wrong. Keep playing. You might find something about it you like

rabakill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By rabakill
Member since 2004 • 884 Posts

@Heroldp813: I have given it a shot. The problem I have is that when you get to the first quest map/open world area it's obvious that the game is designed as an mmo. The collect x shards, the claim areas, the closing rifts, the everything is so mmo like I can't stand it. The characters have some depth but I can't get past the bad gameplay, I would bet money they recycle the assets and make an mmo. It's a brilliant business plan, create a game you can publish once as a single player game then recycle it and release 2 years later as an mmo. It looks like that's what they planned at the outset of the game due to the extreme mmoesque nature of the open world areas.

However, I deeply respect anyone that can handle a differing opinion like an adult. I'd say it's about 5% of people that can have a conversation without being condescending these days.