FaithFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FaithFt
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

My sister and I bought the game together and she tried playing it. She tries starting it, wakes up in the mountains and is given no direction of what to do or where to go. She checked walkthroughs and can't find any mention of where's she's at and she even looked at a let's play on youtube and it's literally not showing her where she's at. She's tried restarting the game four times. Maybe she's just missing something but she sure can't figure out what.

Anyone have any suggestions?

FaithFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FaithFt

Further details:

There is snow on the mountains. In the cut scene before you are struggling up this rocky cliff/steps and when she wakes up it looks like she's still there just... chilling. She's tried walking in many directions but she always run into a hill she can't climb or get auto transported back.

EricDWright

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#3 EricDWright
Member since 2002 • 307 Posts

Seems like a bug to me. As you are chased by spiders or something up the hill you are taken into custody by a bunch of soldiers. But all of this is are cut scenes. Your first interaction should show you in a cell of some sort being questioned by Cassandra, a warrior, about what happened. After that dialogue the story line should take you/ guide you where to go.

FaithFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FaithFt

Yep. That's a bug then. First interaction is definitely on a mountain, not in a cell. Hmm, well not sure what to do about that then. Have any patches been released yet? We've already tried restarting the game...four times. It keeps happening. We bought it on Origins. Do you think it would help at all to re-install it?

nhypercube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By nhypercube

Hi,

I've got the same issue with the start location. I've tried to play with every race/class character, but I always ened up in the mountains without any quest, any instruction, anything at all. I have also tried to walk in every direction possible, heck, I had even managed to climb one of those mountains, only to be sent back to the middle of a map. Sadly, I still haven't found a way to repair it.

It got me really irritated since I have a very limited time to play due to my responsibilities. I hope someone will find a solution soon.

FaithFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FaithFt

Glad to here it's not just us. We haven't tried a reinstall yet though. Have you?

FaithFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FaithFt

For the record, reinstalling didn't fix it for us.

iamStilbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 iamStilbon

What platform are you playing the game on?

FaithFt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FaithFt

The PC.