Approval rating, influence, keep....pointless.

sbmayle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sbmayle
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

So I'm about half way through I think (just attacked the warden keep) and I'v told that the approval system of your companions is pointless as they stay with you throughout the story anyway; not even affecting the final battle. As well as influence, and the Skyhold fort you spend so long upgrading, never actually gets attacked.

Is this actually true? Dragon age origins had a fantastic ending when leading a huge army against the darkspawn, that you spent the entire game expanding. AND Mass Effect 2's whole thing about upgrading your ship in order to survive the final battle, even down to making the write choices and actually helping out your companions. Even Mass Effect 3 had a decent ending (Not the weird god child thing) But the assault on the Reapers, similar to DAO, assaulting with a huge army you spent the entire game building up.
How can Bioware go from Epic climatic end mission to...basically this?

Avatar image for windexwarrior88
WindexWarrior88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By WindexWarrior88
Member since 2014 • 38 Posts

I see what your saying. From what I've played, the only benefit of gaining approval is to open up more dialog / potential romance. Maybe a few extra missions but that's it.