This game is a prime example of "Don't judge a book by its cover!"

User Rating: 8.5 | Dr. Mario NES
When I first saw this game, I was like "Mario has lost his mind, why is he is dressed as a doctor!?" So I basically just "rejected" the game and wanted to forget all about it. Later on, I saw people playing it, and they played it for hours! I could not believe that crap! So I was curious as to why they were addicted to it, and played it myself.

Story: 7/10
- The story is simple: In his off time from saving the world, Mario takes up the role of a doctor in Mushroom Hospital. Three new types of viruses threaten healthy life, so "Doctor" Mario formulates multi-colored vitamins ready for microscopic battle.

Gameplay: 8/10
- The gameplay is also very simple: There are six types of capsules, differentiated by color: red-red, yellow-yellow, blue-blue, red-blue, red-yellow and blue-yellow. The player must rotate and position these capsules on top of and alongside the viruses and other capsules in an effort to eliminate the viruses. Both viruses and capsules are eliminated when four or more objects of corresponding color are placed in a row or column. A player completes a level by eliminating all viruses on the playing field. The game will end if any capsules obstruct the bottle's narrow neck at the top row of the field. The player can start at any one of 21 distinct levels (0-20), with levels up to 40 accessible by those who can clear level 20. Levels are differentiated by virus counts, ranging from four at level 0 to 84 at levels 20 and higher. Above level 20, each level starts with eighty-four viruses, thus levels do not increase in difficulty past level 20. Much like Nintendo's version of Tetris, the player may choose a level of difficulty to start, along with the game's speed and a selection of background music. Three levels of speed can be chosen: low, medium and high. Choosing the low option will make the game's background dark green, choosing the medium option will make the game's background blue and choosing the high option will make the game's background gray.

Graphics: 7/10
- Not much to say about the graphics. The game just depicts pills falling on tiny monsters.

Sound: 7/10
- Just simple sound effects of "pills falling on tiny monsters." Their are two kinds of music in the game: Fever & Chill, and they are pretty good music. I mean every Mario game of course has good music.

Overall, I give this game an 8 1/2 out of 10. I know from now on, that I will not judge video games so easily by the way they look on the outside, but how they look on the inside. By the way, I have 2 copies of this game; meaning that I have 2 Dr. Mario games in my collection.