Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong's first adventure on the SNES is still fun to this day.

User Rating: 9 | Super Donkey Kong SNES
Donkey Kong Country is one of the best platform-ers on the Super Nintendo and it's a game that I think will never get old.

The main stars of this game are Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong who must venture throughout DK Isle to retrieve Donkey Kong's precious Banana Hoard from the King K. Rool and his army of Kremlings. DK Isle consists of 6 fun worlds to explore and with many collectibles to keep you going.

One of the coolest things about this game is the full-rendered graphics this game had to offer that look like they must have looked amazing back in day and I think they still look amazing today. The atmosphere and the ambient music also make it even better; one example of how amazing these graphics can be are in the snow levels where everything looks snowy all around, but as the level goes on, it's starts to snow and it looks beautiful.

Another great thing about this game are it's game-play styles. The control between DK and Diddy felt just right to me and the levels are very fun and sometimes very challenging. The collectibles are fun to collect and it's pretty cool to find your very own secret areas on your own. I also like the Animal Buddies that help you out by getting to hard to reach places or by just taking out enemies really fast. The levels can also have different elements to it other than just walking on land. Sometimes you can ride a Mine Cart, play Red Light Green Light or go swimming.

Also, on your adventure, don't forget to stop by fellow Kong houses. Cranky Kong is not only helpful for a few tips for the level, he also is very humorous by cracking a lot of jokes on you. Funky Kong will also help by letting you travel through the world and Candy Kong good for saving your game.

Even though this game had a lot to offer that I liked, it does have it's issues. First off, while this game has a great challenge, sometimes it gets a little to hard at times to were it can almost frustrate you to death; and the bosses are quite the opposite because the bosses in this game are not that great either due to them not being hard but very easy, sometimes they're almost a joke. The final boss is probably the only boss in the game I could call challenging.

Despite these problems, I really like this game and I would highly recommend it too anyone who has a Super Nintendo, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance or a Wii.