That's right. My previous record was just under 3 hours, but today I was able to run through the game in UNDER ONE AND A HALF HOURS. 1hr 26 mins, to be exact. No lie. This is how I did it, using special methods to shave off precious minutes:
- Followed everything I did before, skipped cutscenes etc, except I now mashed through more dialogue. Saved about 3 minutes total there I think.
- Employed a cheat at the Dragon boss enabling me to skip the entire first half of the fight (an example of it is here, on hwh5ff's playthrough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvdiqbUD92w) which saved me about 7 minutes, easily.
- Dropped a TV sketch in front of the Prescott boss, makes it so much easier as you can casually blast away at him while he watches TV (couple it with the watch sketch (which I didn't have) and it basically becomes utter child's play - he watches TV in slowed time, giving you about 15 solid seconds to shoot at him. Easy); saved me about 15 minutes, I reckon.
- Didn't waste time gathering money (except for TV sketch and Pete Pan) and tried not to die. I practically shot through most areas. You should've seen me in Fort Wasteland - I was in and out in under 10 minutes! Whoosh!
- Finally discovered I could just leave the Beetleworx in Bog Easy - so I did. Shaved off about 5 minutes.
- In Ventureland, I employed a cheat; instead of bothering with anvils or Hook's clothes, I hopped up on top of the DNN building and then onto the thinner chute over the water wheel (you can just barely stand on the very edge of it - BARELY); from there, it's an easy jump to the walkway and the door in the tree, thereby rendering the entirety of Ventureland completely pointless; you can do it in about 3 minutes if you're good (I did it in about 4 and a half, I think).
- Bribed Pete Pan, mashing through his dialogue.
- Autotopia was admittedly a sticking point. I died once (the only time in the run) due to that annoying Blotworx at the end, and Oswald kept throwing himself off a cliff (OK, the thinner knocked him off, but same thing!) but I think I made it through faster than last time. Definitely one of the more annoying areas, thanks in no small part to the obnoxious 'loading screen doors' as I call them.
- I actually did the Attic the good way as it can be finished in about 4 minutes this way - destroying them, as I did before, takes a lot longer.
- Used thinner on the Mad Doctors' claw, meaning I skipped the first half of the spiderbot battle. I made sure to bring some Thinner Guardians and just shot them all, one after another, at the Doc. The final boss therefore took me about 20 seconds, no lie, taking off about 13 minutes (I didn't have Guardians before).
- Skipped the ending and skipped the credits by pressing B (thanks for the tip katydiddd!), taking off about 12 minutes. I then instantly quit the game after the Pete scene as fast as I could, then headed to the save game selection to see my time. There it was, staring me in the face: 1hr 26 mins.
There you have it, folks. EM2 can be beaten in under 90 minutes. Heck, we all knew it anyway, but there's proof! I can take a photo of the save file if you like to show you.