Game score, this has probably been discussed a lot of times already

#1 Posted by Keaze_ (834 posts) -

Dishonored is a good game.  Stealth is probably the most interesting aspect of any game if done right.  Dishonored pretty much nailed it.  For some reason though, I feel something is missing in this game.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  I sometimes had to force myself to do the next mission.  I wanted to finish the game fast, because I wasn't quite enjoying it.  I did the whole playthrough undetected no kill no non-lethal, found all runes and bone charms.

I'm surprised at how it got a 9.0 score on Gamespot.  Although scores are not always accurate, I assume it was given because of the originality of the game.

Did anyone feel the same way I did?  Like something is missing?

#2 Posted by Platinumstorm (114 posts) -

Dishonored is a good game.  Stealth is probably the most interesting aspect of any game if done right.  Dishonored pretty much nailed it.  For some reason though, I feel something is missing in this game.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  I sometimes had to force myself to do the next mission.  I wanted to finish the game fast, because I wasn't quite enjoying it.  I did the whole playthrough undetected no kill no non-lethal, found all runes and bone charms.

I'm surprised at how it got a 9.0 score on Gamespot.  Although scores are not always accurate, I assume it was given because of the originality of the game.

Did anyone feel the same way I did?  Like something is missing?

Keaze_
Yes. I'm not sure why - maybe because it copied other games but never surpassed them, or maybe because of the completely prosaic story. I always had trouble being motivated to play, but I loved small moments that existed within the game. Dealing with Lydia was probably my favorite thing in the game because both options were both so psychologically twisted. Personally my review was an 8.4/0 with a stealth playthrough. I did want to play it again immediately after I finished, which is very rare for me, but I'm going to wait a while before I do.