Did they false advertise this game? (NG+)

crimsonhawk47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 crimsonhawk47
Member since 2010 • 104 Posts

Has anyone beaten it yet? Isn't it kind of bs that we cant use powers we've acquired? Developers have shown us awesome things like combination powers that require around 15 runes, which they have shown around the golden cat. In reality, you can't have all those powers by then, cause in dishonored when you replay a level it loads a save way back when, so you can't go back with anything you've unlocked.

Not only that, but if you load a game forward, you HAVE to have what you had then, so you cant reallocate your points.

Am I the only one who's really dissapointed by this? I feel like they hugged deus ex too much and that's also the reason why I didnt like human revolution. They should've hugged Hitman more and let us go back with our stuff.

I hope they fix this. And i bet they'd address it if we just made a lot of noise.

ddrfreak62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ddrfreak62
Member since 2004 • 84 Posts

Because it would make earlier missions way easier. I understand you want to keep what you unlocked but if you want to start a new play through and use different abilities just focus on different ones. I like the feeling of being powerless in the beginning and having to work your way up. Usually NG+ borea me anyway unless its something souls dark souls.

crimsonhawk47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 crimsonhawk47

They shouldn't worry about difficulty after you beat it. You beat it. I feel this was a cop out on there part.

crimsonhawk47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 crimsonhawk47

And if there gonna do it, they shouldn't have made it so i HAVE to have those specific upgrades if I reload halfway through the game. Now I need to delete my save and start the whole file over again if I want a different set. That's just ignorant.

q-bert39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 q-bert39
Member since 2012 • 146 Posts

Just download a trainer from a trusted site like gamecopyworld, or make your own using cheat engine. That way you can have as many powers as you want, right from mission 1.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 19322 Posts

Has anyone beaten it yet? Isn't it kind of bs that we cant use powers we've acquired? Developers have shown us awesome things like combination powers that require around 15 runes, which they have shown around the golden cat. In reality, you can't have all those powers by then, cause in dishonored when you replay a level it loads a save way back when, so you can't go back with anything you've unlocked.

Not only that, but if you load a game forward, you HAVE to have what you had then, so you cant reallocate your points.

Am I the only one who's really dissapointed by this? I feel like they hugged deus ex too much and that's also the reason why I didnt like human revolution. They should've hugged Hitman more and let us go back with our stuff.

I hope they fix this. And i bet they'd address it if we just made a lot of noise.

crimsonhawk47
No they did not falsly advertise anything, If what you need takes 15 runes and you get 16 in the first two missions, which you can get before even finishing of the brothers, i would say they kept what they promised. So either you just dont know how to play the game or your choices are what limited you. So yes you are the only really disapointed by this.
crimsonhawk47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 crimsonhawk47

I find people have a tendency to lash out at someone personally when they don't like the same games. If you google new game plus you will see I am not, infact, the only person unsatisfied with this. And if we're gonna talk difficulty, maybe people should realize this games not that hard. You could kill eveyone by just countering. If that was really the issue, they woulda made a new game plus unlockable by beating it on the hardest mode.

Avatar image for deactivated-57bcc1891a93a
deactivated-57bcc1891a93a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 deactivated-57bcc1891a93a
Member since 2010 • 1284 Posts
i agree with you all of this would have been cool, maybe restricted to new game+ completely IMO. but i definately don't think it was false advertisement. we should never watch preview footage and expect everything to be intact. all developers tend to make a preview demo that shows off a game's strengths, they're going to rearrange and filter stuff out.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jacanuk

I find people have a tendency to lash out at someone personally when they don't like the same games. If you google new game plus you will see I am not, infact, the only person unsatisfied with this. And if we're gonna talk difficulty, maybe people should realize this games not that hard. You could kill eveyone by just countering. If that was really the issue, they woulda made a new game plus unlockable by beating it on the hardest mode.

crimsonhawk47
But if your only critic is that you cannot start a new game with all powers unlocked, you might want to google trainers. So complaining over not having that option is stupid and honestly, then people are just looking for something to complain about. Because as i said, you get 16 runes in the first 2 missions, so if you need 15 then you got it and even one to spare.
crimsonhawk47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 crimsonhawk47

I didn't say 15 runes is what they needed for all of that demo.  I meant for a specific combination.  And you can't get a trainer on a ps3, so I shouldn't have to rebuy a game for a feature they said would be in it,  Maybe the real reason I had my hopes raised is cause softpedia announced there would be a new game plus.  Still, I've seen a lot of powers on there demo and it looks like they may have used a debug.  

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jacanuk

I didn't say 15 runes is what they needed for all of that demo.  I meant for a specific combination.  And you can't get a trainer on a ps3, so I shouldn't have to rebuy a game for a feature they said would be in it,  Maybe the real reason I had my hopes raised is cause softpedia announced there would be a new game plus.  Still, I've seen a lot of powers on there demo and it looks like they may have used a debug.  

crimsonhawk47
Ok, i checked the E3 Demo again, which is the one your talking about right? And in that demo they clearly say that you cant have all the powers and have to choose which one you want. And what combo do you want? and dont say every power, because even though you cant have every power at level 2, you can have every power at level 1 except dark vision which is 1 short. About Softpedia, well never listen to sources that are not that trustworthy, i guess your talking about this article? http://news.softpedia.com/news/Dishonored-s-AI-and-New-Game-Systems-Get-Detailed-277336.shtml Where they do say at Game+ will be built in, but they do use Game+ mecahnic, so they dont really say it will be game+ 100%. Anyways i do understand where you come from and i can see why you might be a tad disapointed. Also cant you use Xploder cheats for Dishonored so you can unlock the powers like you want?
stan_boyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 stan_boyd
Member since 2005 • 4925 Posts
do you have a link for where they said NG+ would in fact be in it? I never heard that it was going to have it.
Carpetfluff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Carpetfluff
Member since 2006 • 553 Posts

Those playthrough videos stated, as far as I remember that there was no way you would have all those powers at that point in the game and they'd tweaked it for the purposes of the videos. So, no, I don't think they did.

crimsonhawk47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 crimsonhawk47

Well that's assuming I saw that one 5 second sound byte.  I will say that I am more glad now, knowing that the bonecharms randomize when you pick them up.  But I also am still confused as to how the mission menu works.  Does the status of that completed mission change when I complete it on a different playthrough?  Is it just the last time I completed that mission?  Also, the second mission is the campbell mission.  If the game has only 9 missions and counts the prison escape as one of them, especially when it comes to completing the game without any kills, you better believe I'm counting that as mission 1.  

It concerns me because not all of the missions are assassination missions at heart.  The prison escape obviously is one.  Capturing sokolov is short and anti climactic.  Flooded district and the loyalists has no asssassinating.  So really only 5 out of the 9 missions are assassination.  I would just like to have a good build going on for when I do the assassination missions.  But one of the 5 is on campbell.  It's just unexpected.  

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
If you did the first missions with all those powers it wouldn't just be easy, it would be boring and ruin your entire experience. You might have fun goofing around for 15 minutes being overpowered, then get bored. I've used game trainers for similar games and this always happened to me, so I stopped using them.
DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

I was just gonna ask if there's NG+ where you get to keep your stuff. I'm almost done, and I think it would be cool for sure, because it's the only way you could get all the powers and weapons maxed out.

They should've taken the time to do this. And for those saying it would be too easy, aren't there like 4 difficulty settings for the game? Couldn't you set the difficulty higher to somewhat compensate for having super gear?

And to those talking about trainers, that's not really fun. What we're talking about is actually building your guy up to fully upgraded yourself in an RPGish kind of way, which is fun and satisfying.

Baroni88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Baroni88
Member since 2011 • 345 Posts

If I'm not mistaken; you can't really use trainers on console game, so, unless they plan on an update soon, I don't thimy we'll be seeing NG+. Wish they would add it as optional though, just like Batman Arkham City, and they did that NG+ very well. All Bethesda has to do is make it harder.