AlucardZ909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AlucardZ909
Member since 2010 • 325 Posts

So just got this game today and was playing just fine until I entered the first mission zone and just as I got into a fight the game stutters for 2 secs then I get the blue screen of death. So I did the usual, disk cleanup, ran anti-virus software, made sure nothing new had gotten onto my comp except the game. After spending pretty much all day making sure my computer was clean I started the game up again. This time I was able to kill a few guys but once again mid-fight game stutters and I enter BSoD. Here's my computer specs, if ANYONE knows of a fix or could help shed some light on this problem I'd be very grateful.

AMD 3.2ghz Quad Core

8GB RAM

Win 7 Ultimate

NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

finlay123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 finlay123
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Same problem.

However, I went from the new nVidia drivers (306) to a previous version (301) and the game worked without issue for around 4 hours. Thought it was fixed.

Turned on PC this morning and it's BSOD again.

I can only get around 2 minutes of gameplay before it crashes.

I have an SSD running windows but steam and the game are on another drive. That shouldn't matter right?

AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.7GHz
nVidia GTX460 1GB VRAM
4GB Dual Channel Geil XMP-1600 RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate

AlucardZ909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AlucardZ909
Member since 2010 • 325 Posts
I just fixed this issue actually this morning. For me it was because I was using a program called motininjoy which basically turns your PS3 controller into an XBOX 360 one for computer gaming. If you're doing the same then do not activate the program. Another thing I've heard was running the game on another drive might cause a few bugs, that could be your problem.
jomytago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By jomytago
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

This BSOD error is also known as “ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY” and “STOP 0x000000BE“. Some users of Windows have reported this error, which normally appears on the screen during the initialization of the system.

To check if the error is caused by a faulty drive, run an automatic driver update or manually update the drivers to the latest available versions.

To manually update a driver, follow these steps:

Click Start

Type in devmgmt.msc in the search box

Click devmgmt from results list

Right-click on the driver

To update the driver, select Update Driver Software.

To disable the driver, select Disable.

To uninstall the driver, select Uninstall.

To run an automatic driver update, follow these steps:

Click Start

Go to Devices and Printers

Right-click on your computer

Select Device Installation Settings

Select Yes, do this automatically

Click Save Changes