vogdswagon26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vogdswagon26
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I have tried all i can to get into the art dealers safe and it keeps saying i need his combination. I looked up the combination online and tried (696) before I went to talk to slackjaw, even though the combination was right it told me i need to have the art dealers combination. So I completed slackjaws mission and retrieved the code straight from the Art Dealer in the golden cat. Before returning to slackjaw I once again tried the combination again (696). Again it told me I needed the art dealers combination. Frustrated at this point I returned to slackjaw and gave him the combination, after which i made one last attempt to open the safe with the combination 696 and it still says I need the art dealers combination combination I reason i want in so bad is because i want to collect all the sokolov paintings as well as the rune that is held within PLEASE HELP!
ddrfreak62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ddrfreak62
Member since 2004 • 84 Posts
When I got it the code was different than that. I don't think you actually found it. Just read about it. If I. Wrong I. Wrong but I'm pretty sure my code was different.
jinyuken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 jinyuken
Member since 2004 • 648 Posts

(Spoilers)

When you find the Art Dealer, you get the code, which is 656. It should have also updated in your notes section with the combination after you get the code from him.

Pandora012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Pandora012
Member since 2011 • 31 Posts

(Spoilers)

When you find the Art Dealer, you get the code, which is 656. It should have also updated in your notes section with the combination after you get the code from him.

jinyuken

The code I got was 696.

I don't know why it's not working, you might just have to do the mission over. This time getting the code from the dealer before going to his house.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 19322 Posts
[QUOTE="vogdswagon26"]I have tried all i can to get into the art dealers safe and it keeps saying i need his combination. I looked up the combination online and tried (696) before I went to talk to slackjaw, even though the combination was right it told me i need to have the art dealers combination. So I completed slackjaws mission and retrieved the code straight from the Art Dealer in the golden cat. Before returning to slackjaw I once again tried the combination again (696). Again it told me I needed the art dealers combination. Frustrated at this point I returned to slackjaw and gave him the combination, after which i made one last attempt to open the safe with the combination 696 and it still says I need the art dealers combination combination I reason i want in so bad is because i want to collect all the sokolov paintings as well as the rune that is held within PLEASE HELP!

Since its a sidemission and you cant actually know the combo before you have gotten it, which you will get a mission done for, i think its a built in prevention. Not quite sure though and i have gone way past that mission, so cant go back without starting a new mission. So just go get it and loot the safe :D
TiberiusJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 TiberiusJones
Member since 2003 • 34 Posts
There are 5 Possible combinations: 879 138 656 679 696. Enjoy!