Want to buy this desktop...is it suitable?

#1 Posted by darth_rosco (504 posts) -

Im not a tech savvy gamer, infact the last pc game I played was D2 8 years ago on a crumby old PC and I want to get a decent desktop for D3.Im not up to speed on all the requirements etc so wondering if anyone can tell me if this one is suitable? it comes within my 500 euro budget for a desktop, will it run the game well? Not looking for the most maxed out settings. Thanks.

SEDATECH DESKTOP:

Case

MS-Tech CA-0130 - Micro-ATX Tower

Power supply

350W 80+ Power Supply

Motherboard

Asrock 960GM-GS3 FX

Processor

AMD Athlon II X2 250 2x3.00Ghz

Graphic card

AMD Radeon 3000 graphics

RAM

8 Gb DDR3-1333 Dual Channel (2x4Gb) - 8Gb max

Hard disk drive

1000Gb 7200 rpm

#2 Posted by DGonlag (834 posts) -

Not sure. I think the processor would work, though its not a very strong one. Also, im pretty sure that graphic card doesn't have enough power for any new game. I could be wrong, but i dont think this setup will work. I think you can actually get better for 500 euros. 

#3 Posted by darth_rosco (504 posts) -

Thanks for the reply, I havent done too much research yet, just wanted to get a feel for what changes I would need to make using that system as a guage. Im finding it very hard to justify spending a lot of money for a PC, ive always been a console gamer so all this upgrading of parts every year or so and splashing out on tech is new to me!

#4 Posted by q-bert39 (146 posts) -

The power supply is pretty weak, and that is an integrated video card. I'd look for a 500W+ PSU so you at least have the option to add a better video card later on if you want.

#5 Posted by DGonlag (834 posts) -

Dont know where you live, but here in the Netherlands theres a website that builds computers, this is what you get for 540euros: 

3.6Ghz Quad Core (AMD FX4100)

8GB RAM

ATI HD 6950

This is quite a beast. And the Netherlands really isnt the cheapest place to buy computers, so whereever you live in the EU, you should be able to find something similar. 

#6 Posted by spliffenheimer (25 posts) -

The pc itself is ok but, you will definitly need a gfx card after the fact. That is an integrated chip I think but that mobo does have a pci express slot so you can add a gfx card.

Check these places I have heard good things from both and pretty cheap too you can probobly find something for $600 american.

http://www.ibuypower.com/ and http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

#7 Posted by T-Un1t (41 posts) -

My first PC was a cyberpower.  It was a pretty good machine for a decent price but my mobo burned out in just over a year and the warranty had expired.  I've built my own PCs since then and I highly recommend it.  It's cheaper, you get exactly what you want, and it's super fun to piece one together from scratch. 

I would also recommend keeping an eye on www.techbargains.com,  they often have good deals on PC components like video cards. 

The most important part of a gaming PC is the video card.  If you pick up a Radeon 5xxx or better and have enough RAM (4GB should be enough) you'll be able to run most new games for the next year or so on medium settings.

#9 Posted by Frosty192 (1054 posts) -

go to www.newegg.com and look at their DIY kits. That machine you posted is a dual core cpu that is already out of date and the gpu is hardly anything. I am sorry but depeding on what you get it for I wouldnt spend more than 150-200 for it.

#10 Posted by darth_rosco (504 posts) -

Thanks for all the advice, I was talking to a work mate who built his own PC and he directed me to an Irish website that deals in components and he priced a fairly beasty one (including quad core i5, Geforce GTX 560) for 600, so I think Il go with that, unfortunately that means Im gonna have to wait another month or so till i can play Diablo :/