so HOW Is DIaBLO 3 !?!??!!??!?

#1 Posted by HarryOsborn (339 posts) -

(My kybord i brokn) Is it 10/10? a MUsT BUY!? compard to D2?

#2 Posted by Blubadox (3777 posts) -
It's okish.....game is too short. I'm sure there will be expansions or whatever, not worth 60 bucks in my opinion.
#3 Posted by najerius (25 posts) -

Looks, feels and plays like a 15$ Xbox 360 downloadable arcade game.

But its blizzard and diablo franchise you you have to pay 45$ more to get it on your pc.

Good thing for you is you are obviously not superhyped to buy it as a D2 fan so it won't be such a dissapointment when you quit after a week of playing it because its a huge letdown.

#4 Posted by jdm2686 (44 posts) -

Don't let these trolls fool u. if u enjoyed past diablo game at all u will love this game. Some people are impossible to please.

#5 Posted by Cifrocco (25 posts) -

I'm waiting for more reviews from gamers, maybe even a demo? I've been burned way too many times buying games and having been disappointed. The worst was the latest Starcraft game, what a huge letdown. I had even convinced my friends to buy it at the same time and now they all hate me. Nothing beats Red Alert or Command and Conquer, too bad EA is too stupid to keep that franchise alive.

#6 Posted by Blubadox (3777 posts) -
Don't trust these fanboy reviews, they are always one-sided. If you want play this game, just lower your expectations. It's not a bad game, but not worth 60 bucks that too with retarded online single player, it's really like one of those steam games that you can download for 9.95 but with extra cinematics.
Avatar image for RedEyedMonster8
#7 Posted by RedEyedMonster8 (1292 posts) -

Ignore Nigerius and Blubadox, the game is great. If you love Diablo, you will love D3, if you're new to Diablo you will also love D3. Win win for everybody IMO.

#8 Posted by Cronozax (25 posts) -
yeah the game is great i feel like a lot of the people who were disappointed were just looking for another d2 expansion, the leap from 2 to 3 isn't that much different from 1 to 2 if you've been playing since the first, this one is much faster paced i think some people are just to slow for it and decide to piss and moan about it,I'm a witch doctor in act 2 and have loved every minute of it, people complain about stat points being removed but in d2 90% of your points always goes to vitality so i don't see why getting rid of it is such a big deal the game is more customizable than the second not less, if you wanted a good d2 character most builds required you to spend all your points on only a few skills anyway. its better than the second in just about every way don't let the **** get to you the game is **** awesome.
#9 Posted by Cronozax (25 posts) -
yeah the game is great i feel like a lot of the people who were disappointed were just looking for another d2 expansion, the leap from 2 to 3 isn't that much different from 1 to 2 if you've been playing since the first, this one is much faster paced i think some people are just to slow for it and decide to piss and moan about it,I'm a witch doctor in act 2 and have loved every minute of it, people complain about stat points being removed but in d2 90% of your points always goes to vitality so i don't see why getting rid of it is such a big deal the game is more customizable than the second not less, if you wanted a good d2 character most builds required you to spend all your points on only a few skills anyway. its better than the second in just about every way don't let the **** get to you the game is **** awesome.
Avatar image for blue_mongoose91
#10 Posted by blue_mongoose91 (258 posts) -

Dude.  You can throw jars of spiders at enemies.  How the hell could it not be great!

Seriously this game is awesome.  Other than Blizzard apparently forgot how incredibly popular all the games they make are and are panicing to get more servers going.

#11 Posted by gabi098 (2293 posts) -
other than some very annoying server issues due to the large amount of player that will even out within a week or so the game is amazing, It's a new game so many things changed but as stated if you loved diablo 2 you will love diablo 3, it's made to be played several time through in fact the first play-through is pretty much just for new comers old gamers will breeze through it just getting warped in a gr8 story, It's a great game loved every minute so far and can't stop playing it. I do recommend playing with friends tho, it was defiantly built as a co-op experience. Some things aren't perfect yet and one would have expected a company like blizzard should have made a softer launch expirience and the online single player is annoying but we are in the age of the internet.
#12 Posted by HarryOsborn (339 posts) -

Yeah diablo 1 was my first game as a kid, I got diablo 2 for my 11th birthday but when I see the first 2 top comments that makes me instantly say blizzard has failed, this should have been the BEST MASTERPIECE game EVER MADE.

#13 Posted by Army4God (54 posts) -

One of the worst games I have played in years. Just awful in nearly every aspect. How Blizzard released this in 2012 is a head scratcher.

#14 Posted by AvantUA (25 posts) -
can someone give a guest pass?
#15 Posted by RedEyedMonster8 (1292 posts) -

One of the worst games I have played in years. Just awful in nearly every aspect. How Blizzard released this in 2012 is a head scratcher.

Army4God

Cool story bro

#16 Posted by Army4God (54 posts) -

[QUOTE="Army4God"]

RedEyedMonster8

Cool story bro

Speaking of cool story, something else D3 doesn't have.

#17 Posted by HarryOsborn (339 posts) -

Im currently downloading D3 off my brothers guest pass, I will come back in an hour or so and MY OPINION will officially decide wether this game sucks or not

#18 Posted by RedEyedMonster8 (1292 posts) -

[QUOTE="RedEyedMonster8"]

[QUOTE="Army4God"]

Army4God

Cool story bro

Yeah bro you have all kinds of cool stories that I really enjoy reading. Thanks bro.

#19 Posted by Newhopes (4756 posts) -

The games okish but no where near as good as Diablo 2 unfortunately, can't really see myself playing it years or even months down the line like I did with Diablo 1 and 2.

#20 Posted by dzimm (4706 posts) -

Game is awesome, one of Blizzard's best and easily the best hack and slash ever made.  It's fun and addictive with a really flexible character customization system.  This one's in the running for Game of the Year.

#21 Posted by blackeagle84 (389 posts) -

[QUOTE="Army4God"]

[QUOTE="RedEyedMonster8"]

[QUOTE="Army4God"]

RedEyedMonster8

Cool story bro

Yeah bro you have all kinds of cool stories that I really enjoy reading. Thanks bro.

cool story bro, next.

#22 Posted by AJAM1 (371 posts) -

Game is awesome, one of Blizzard's best and easily the best hack and slash ever made.  It's fun and addictive with a really flexible character customization system.  This one's in the running for Game of the Year.

dzimm

Truly your level of fanboyism astonishes me, THERE IS NO CUSTOMIZATION SYSTEM. D3 is everything wrong with the future of gaming and you should know this if you played D2 at launch or even years ago. This is a 60$ PC game for like 4 hours of content, the only thing making your char unique is gear that oh hey I'll just go spend 30$ on some gear and be the best. F blizzard and everyone who likes this steaming pile diablo is dead to me. 

#23 Posted by 2bitSmOkEy (2713 posts) -

This game is amazing.

#24 Posted by G-N-C (84 posts) -

Honestly I dont know how it is, I have been trying to log in for nearly 24 hours without success. Perhaps next week or month when they fix the game someone can let you know 

#25 Posted by sumdood (482 posts) -

People's expectations get warped for a sequel when nostalgia has settled in for 11 years.  This game is good, it's not omfg amazing sucking milk straight from a unicorn's tit, just good, B+, 8.0-8.5.  But remember people, Dialbo2 was released to luke-warm reviews as well.  It was criticized for the exact same things people are complaining about now, short and shallow gameplay, crappy graphics, and bugs.  Go ahead and install it again and you'll see, it's just not that great of a game you thought it was.

Remember, Blizzard doesn't make the most funnest games ever, they make the most addicting games ever.  People will bltch about this game for years; while playing it non-stop at the same time.

#26 Posted by HarryOsborn (339 posts) -

The casual changes made to this game ruins it, and save me the "diablo has always been casual" BS. The ninja looting IS PATHETIC, theres no RISK vs REWARD when traveling with groups, are you kidding me? and the lack of game lists with titles is annoying, 4 players max is stupid, graphics could have been better, in all seriousness if I was the director of this game, I would have made a MASTERPIECE!

#27 Posted by Sentinel112 (571 posts) -

dzimm
How much do you get paid to advertise this game on gamespot? Honestly this entire board is floaded with posts of you. It seems you have no job at all. Or this is your job!
#28 Posted by speedytimsi (535 posts) -

The reason that it might not be as good as D2 is that the multiplayer standard has been raised significantly.  Think about the last 12 years and what kind of games has been really good (COD4, Everquest, WOW) in addition to the graphical enchancement that has been available the last 12 years.

#29 Posted by knsh7 (26 posts) -

Well, frankly, the game is not that bad. However, for $60, i think im right to say people expected something really special. And besides, this is the sequel to the game that rule the ARPG genre for over a decade. It is sad that Blizzard set up the always online DRM as well as real money AH. If still you are okay with that, what to say of the game mechanics. The core elements that made diablo 2 so much fun. Due to the RMAH, what is the point in loot grinding anymore. Are we to game or set up a business of gear selling? Now, the skills mechanics have also been toned down so that you no longer have much say on how your character progresses.

However, there are also some positive points like the physics, crafting(artisans), the lore and the story. But this is Diablo 3 and I had imagined it to be an absolute Masterpiece and perhaps that's why im so disappointed.

#30 Posted by doremonhg9x (164 posts) -

(My kybord i brokn) Is it 10/10? a MUsT BUY!? compard to D2?

HarryOsborn
Just ignore Blubadox. He's the worst troller i've seen. It may not have shiny effect, amazing graphic but it's graphic DOES bring the spirits of Diablo into player. Gameplay is awesome. Lots of replay value (as in D2 and D1, and it have been bring to a new level). Compare to D2, it's a must buy. And about DRM, I don't mind it a lot. You can say only 2 or 3 reason why you hate DRM with this game but I can say a limitless reason of the benefit of always online. Prevent Cheater, making the game environment better, play coop with friend is always a lot more fun, lots of hard challenge that can easily overcome with a tactically team of 4 people, blah blah blah...
#31 Posted by doremonhg9x (164 posts) -

Well, frankly, the game is not that bad. However, for $60, i think im right to say people expected something really special. And besides, this is the sequel to the game that rule the ARPG genre for over a decade. It is sad that Blizzard set up the always online DRM as well as real money AH. If still you are okay with that, what to say of the game mechanics. The core elements that made diablo 2 so much fun. Due to the RMAH, what is the point in loot grinding anymore. Are we to game or set up a business of gear selling? Now, the skills mechanics have also been toned down so that you no longer have much say on how your character progresses.

However, there are also some positive points like the physics, crafting(artisans), the lore and the story. But this is Diablo 3 and I had imagined it to be an absolute Masterpiece and perhaps that's why im so disappointed.

knsh7
If you don't know, there are always a black market for Diablo 2's gear. It's basically an unofficial RMAH. AH gold base make your hard earn gold a lot more valueable, as it give you the chance to trade your gold for gear you can't get. In D2, gold is only for repair and death tool, potion is really cheap and doesn't cost a lot of money
#32 Posted by Kintaro_Oe_25 (681 posts) -

This game is amazing. 4 Hours of content? You cry babies are ridiculous, go find something else to do or play the game before spreading lies.

#33 Posted by doremonhg9x (164 posts) -
And, what's the point of spending your skill point? I know that would made your character somewhat "special and/or personal" but people don't really want to waste more time just to play a class again just to compare one skill to other. Now, with rune system and skill fully unlock by leveling, all you need to do is find an play style that fit your personallity. All skill, even the skill from level 1, can be use to pvp and pve with the rune upgrade and damage scale by weapon damage.
#34 Posted by doremonhg9x (164 posts) -
4 hour of content??? I find that hard to believe since the movie take up to almost 1 hour and i need atleast 1 hour to reach skeleton king by myself, and skeleton king is just a part of Act 1
#35 Posted by largibbons (151 posts) -

I've played maybe 6 hours. 

Like the randomly generated levels, although the game is still extremely linear.

Story is generic as anything you've ever seen so far, hopefully it gets more exciting because I'm the sort of player who wants to get involved in the plot not just chase gold.

Co-op is fun, although even playing with 2 friends in the same room you miss out on the story cos everyone is rushing around trying to race eachother to the xp etc. Can't imagine what it would be like playing with strangers.

Overall so far it is a good solid RPG, certainly not the masterpiece I was anticipating, and pales in comparison to Baldur's Gate 2.

My one main huge gripe (which a lot of people have touched on) is the soul-less leveling up system. I'm a big fan of the getting xp for what you do game mechanic, or even the get xp then choose what you invest it in mechanic.

What I'm not a big fan of is having ZERO choice in what skills I aquire, it leaves me with less attachement to my character who is essentially the same as 90% of other characters of his class the only difference being the colour of the armour and a choice of a handful of passive skills.

It's boring, it's dumbed down, and it's not in the spirit of an RPG. Really really dissapointed they made this choice with the levelling system. You can't even choose whether or not to be say a melee deamon hunter. It's bland and it ruins multiple play throughs.

I remember starting a game of Baldur's gate 2 and within hours being tempted to restart cos the choice of characters were so different and exicting! This game offers none of that. You have 5 classes, choice of gender. No multiclassing, no choice of skills to any real extent.

Despite all that it's still a fun game, but it could have been truly EPIC if they didn't treat gamers like 5 year olds with no brain and a wad of cash in each hand.  

#36 Posted by gix47 (684 posts) -

It's so-so, nothing to get crazy about. it's still a fun game but nothing like D2

#37 Posted by dzimm (4706 posts) -

Truly your level of fanboyism astonishes me, THERE IS NO CUSTOMIZATION SYSTEM.  D3 is everything wrong with the future of gaming and you should know this if you played D2 at launch or even years ago. This is a 60$ PC game for like 4 hours of content, the only thing making your char unique is gear that oh hey I'll just go spend 30$ on some gear and be the best. F blizzard and everyone who likes this steaming pile diablo is dead to me. AJAM1

False.  There are literally billions of viable skill combinations per class, and finding just the right gear to support your build is a game within itself.  If it's customization you want then Diablo 3 is your game and offers way more customization than Diablo 1 and 2 combined.  Oh yeah, don't confuse permanency with customization, which is a common but false assumption I see a lot of you fanboys making.

And four hours of content?  Yeah, if you absolutely blaze through the game with an overleveled character then you can probably get through Acts 1 - IV in about four hours (there are even achievements for beating each act in less than hour), but if you take your time to actually play the game -- you know, do the thing you bought it for? -- then we're talking closer to 20-hours to get through the game once on Normal.

#38 Posted by dzimm (4706 posts) -

[QUOTE="dzimm"]

Sentinel112

How much do you get paid to advertise this game on gamespot? Honestly this entire board is floaded with posts of you. It seems you have no job at all. Or this is your job!

Because the only reason I could possibly disagree with you is if I was being paid, right?  This is a perfectly reasonably premise.

:roll:

#39 Posted by DFL274 (34 posts) -

Actually the gameplay, graphics, story elements, equipment is all a throwback to Diablo 1 & 2. Its kinda refreshing in this age of everything being an FPS to see an old-school top-down adventure game like the old Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights make a comeback. The game feels very Diablo'ish as soon as you login.

But there lies your first problem...loging in. I still can't wrap my brain around how a single-player game requires a constant connection. Steam has online DRM too which only requires an authentication...you can still play offline. I don't understand what blizzard was thinking. I seriously doubt they have a piracy problem as they are claiming since the only game they've been developing is World of Warcraft which is essentially pirate-proof. I think this is a money scam, to get people using their real-money auction house (a concept which I think is insane).

For the hour or so I was actually able to play during a brief window between server downtime, the game felt very much like Diablo 2 improved. Yeah the voice acting is a little cheesy but thats Diablo, that was part of its charm. How many times did Cain in D1 repeat "stay a while and listen!".

One thing I find curious is the low res graphics. I don't understand why a PC-Only game is using Console class texture resolutions. I was searching in the settings for a High-Res option and there isn't one. Very bizarre.

#40 Posted by Pablo_Heroin (157 posts) -

Typical forum posts... If you say that you like D3 = Blizzard fanboy, but if you say its bad game = troll.

How is Diablo 3?

Game is amazing, smooth combat, cool skills, tons of loot and it will have more replayability than Diablo 2 (looks like it). The main problem that i have with this game is that it could be better. I hope that Jay Wilson gets fired soon, this guy is brainless...does a person need 4 years to realize that attributes like "attack" or "precision" will force every class to go for same items? They tried to do something new but they couldn't see that fans just want another Diablo game, that's why they overhauled core game mechanics in last 6 months.

Long story short... Diablo 3 is great, but when you play it, you wonder what took them so long. If "great" isn't enough for you, just wait another 2 years for expansion. Ignore the haters and check the demo, it should be available in near future.

Btw, someone said its short...i have 5 hours of gameplay...and I'm still in act 1, so no...its not short (not to mention higher difficulty modes). 

#41 Posted by darkmoney52 (4332 posts) -

Typical forum posts... If you say that you like D3 = Blizzard fanboy, but if you say its bad game = troll.

How is Diablo 3?

Game is amazing, smooth combat, cool skills, tons of loot and it will have more replayability than Diablo 2 (looks like it). The main problem that i have with this game is that it could be better. I hope that Jay Wilson gets fired soon, this guy is brainless...does a person need 4 years to realize that attributes like "attack" or "precision" will force every class to go for same items? They tried to do something new but they couldn't see that fans just want another Diablo game, that's why they overhauled core game mechanics in last 6 months.

Long story short... Diablo 3 is great, but when you play it, you wonder what took them so long. If "great" isn't enough for you, just wait another 2 years for expansion. Ignore the haters and check the demo, it should be available in near future.

Btw, someone said its short...i have 5 hours of gameplay...and I'm still in act 1, so no...its not short (not to mention higher difficulty modes). 

Pablo_Heroin
Not disagreeing with you (I haven't played it yet) but how does it have more replayability? Most of the replay value in D2 came from making new characters, but without investing in skills or attributes that doesn't seem like it would be worthwhile here.
#42 Posted by demonic_85 (1395 posts) -

Well so far I like Diablo 3 but I dont think it's worth the $60 price tag. Feels like it should be a $30-$40 game to me.

#43 Posted by sumdood (482 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pablo_Heroin"]

How is Diablo 3?

darkmoney52

Not disagreeing with you (I haven't played it yet) but how does it have more replayability? Most of the replay value in D2 came from making new characters, but without investing in skills or attributes that doesn't seem like it would be worthwhile here.

There is no reason to roll more than one of the same character class in Diablo3.  However, 2 monks can be played completely differently based on skill and rune selection, so customization isn't an issue if you're worried about that; you just don't have to re-roll to play your class differently.  Random events seem to be the focus in making the game replayable, I'm in act 2 in Hell difficulty and I've always come across at least one new event in each act I've played.  There's also lore books, which may sound dumb, but I always find a couple of new ones when I replay an act and it gives a little bit of background to the environment.  I've played for almost 50 hours, which is a lot for me.  I have to admit, I never got past Act2 Nightmare in D2, not because it was too hard, but it got repetitive and boring and I put it down for a couple of months and started a new character on normal again.  Ya, Diablo3 is repetitive too, but there is just enough of something different to keep you pushing through the acts at the higher difficutlies; at least for me.

#44 Posted by johnlewis656 (25 posts) -
Yeah some of us just want to see the world burn :P