so, 60 bucks? I don't think so

#1 Posted by andyk01 (25 posts) -

I wanto play this game, I enjoyed D1 and D2, but 60 bucks is too much, I will wait for it to be at least 30bucks, I don't care if I have to wait a year, I am still playing Kingdoms of Amalur and Skyrim and having a blast with them, just saying, don't go all beserck on me, is it really worth 60bucks? 

#2 Posted by Megotaku77 (418 posts) -

I wanto play this game, I enjoyed D1 and D2, but 60 bucks is too much, I will wait for it to be at least 30bucks, I don't care if I have to wait a year, I am still playing Kingdoms of Amalur and Skyrim and having a blast with them, just saying, don't go all beserck on me, is it really worth 60bucks? 

andyk01

Its up to you, but it'll never be $30. How do I know? This is how I know.  You still can't buy D2 for less than $30 and its 12 years old (you can get D2, but not with LoD and you need LoD).  Blizzard games don't come down in price almost ever.

#3 Posted by andyk01 (25 posts) -

wow! greedy b***s! 40 bucks then ;)

#4 Posted by Cardinalfan05 (153 posts) -

You are going to wait over a year to save 20 dollars? 

#5 Posted by Kintaro_Oe_25 (681 posts) -

It's not going to be 30 dollars for like 3+ years probably (if ever).

#6 Posted by demonic_85 (1395 posts) -

At first I didnt think it was worth $60 either, I mean look at it: oudated graphics, essentiall the same gameplay as previous Diablo games, etc. Then I bought it anyway and i've already sunk 40+ hrs into it. Not as good as previous Diablo games in some ways but also an improvement in others. I would recommend it.

#7 Posted by BovineDivine (283 posts) -

You are going to wait over a year to save 20 dollars? 

Cardinalfan05

Flawless Victory.

Avatar image for starwarsgeek112
#8 Posted by starwarsgeek112 (3472 posts) -

If this kind of game is your cup of tea then it has the potential to last you hundreds of hours. I don't understand why people think $60 is too much.. it's the standard price of games these days. Yeah it sucks but Diablo is a game with a ton of replay value.

#9 Posted by Katra (272 posts) -

Forums are full of people who like to hate on a game, that's why I don't tune in much and actually play.

#10 Posted by Megotaku77 (418 posts) -

I will say it might be worthwhile to wait a month for D3 so they can work the bugs out.  Since release they have nerfed 3 classes.  And I don't mean "we changed a few things around", I mean completely dismantled currently popular and functioning builds so they are no longer usable at all so fast that they didn't even bother updating the tooltips.  I'm not on the bandwagon of "you ruined these classes!" like some of the people on the forum, but a LOT of people took gear setups catering to these 3 builds and now found their builds were unplayable.  Then they completely removed the commodoties AH (it might hav come back up recently, I've been playing SWTOR and an EVE trial).  So there are a lot of unstable problems floating around.  

The general consensus right now is that Inferno mode is too hard.  And not in the "I like a challenge" way.  In the "you've been cheesed to death" way.  Most mobs will kill you in 1 hit.  2-3 if you're a Monk or Barbarian.  The ranged classes have to kite every second.  This wouldn't be that big of a problem if champion set ups weren't totally hit or miss.  For example, Horde-Invulnerable-Very Fast-Waller is a set up that you will NEVER kill no matter what gear you have or how skilled you are as a ranged class.  You can't outrun them, you can't kill the minions, they'll put up walls to trap you, and there are 7 of them each one of them can one-shot you.  There are numerous champ set ups that are utterly broken and unfair, even on Hell mode, and they're totally random. I can't imagine they aren't going to nerf them.  

#11 Posted by N0tYrBeezin (6928 posts) -

[QUOTE="andyk01"]

Megotaku77

Its up to you, but it'll never be $30. How do I know? This is how I know.  You still can't buy D2 for less than $30 and its 12 years old (you can get D2, but not with LoD and you need LoD).  Blizzard games don't come down in price almost ever.

Actually D2 and the battlechest did drop below $30 but that was way before Blizzard announced D3.
#12 Posted by andyk01 (25 posts) -

I can even wait more than a year to play a game, is no problem really, as I say, I am playing Skyrim and Kingdoms and i do explore every corner of the world in games like this, I am sure I have hundreds of hours left to play. I want to play this game, but yes, I do think 60 dollars is too much for this particular game, I have a top for the money I spend i certain things, I am sure the game is wonderful so ... to the person who said something about hate, who's talking or expressing hate? you clearly are the one with hate in you so you see it everywhere, look no further, is in your heart, not in any message I've seen in this post :)

#13 Posted by Shiftfallout (2635 posts) -

[QUOTE="andyk01"]

Megotaku77

You can get the diablo 2 battlechest for $15. Also D3 isnt worth the money and its probably NOT going to go down in price any time soon.