Horrible launch

#1 Posted by Lothos_Delion (219 posts) -

I have to say with all my heart this is one of the worst launches Ive seen. That being said I've seen a few. First single player game Ive had to wait to play on release. Loved the game what short time I got to play but so far its been a zip.

#2 Posted by Odinyte (2278 posts) -
Are you not old enough to remember WoW and Diablo 2's launch? Almost idenitical. Blizz never gets their servers ready properly.
#3 Posted by dzimm (4706 posts) -

Actually, this is one of the smoothest launches, all things considered.  The main issue are overloaded servers preventing people from logging in, but once you're in, gameplay is smooth as silk with zero lag.  It really could be much worse.

#4 Posted by ultimakid (1816 posts) -
Almost every major MMO (or online game, in this case) have a rough launch, due to server overloading and the like. Deal with it, honestly. While this IS a "singleplayer" game, the fact it's purely done online makes it no different from an MMO.
#5 Posted by Cornholio_tp (2001 posts) -

IDK, Starcraft 2's launch didn't have problems like this. Barely any lag or any booting. 

#6 Posted by Kabals (288 posts) -
Are you not old enough to remember WoW and Diablo 2's launch? Almost idenitical. Blizz never gets their servers ready properly.Odinyte
The single player Diablo 2 was fine at launch (bugs and balancing issues notwithstanding), because it didn't require me to connect to the Internet.
#7 Posted by ebobqbahg (25 posts) -
[QUOTE="ultimakid"]Almost every major MMO (or online game, in this case) have a rough launch, due to server overloading and the like. Deal with it, honestly. While this IS a "singleplayer" game, the fact it's purely done online makes it no different from an MMO.

"Online Game" is the phrase that irks me here. Sitting in the same room with several friends who also paid their $65 dollars for this game, and none of us can even log in. Ya'know we once had true single-player and LAN in games. And at the time it would have been unthinkable to release without offline single-player and LAN. How did this even happen?
#8 Posted by MirkoS77 (12033 posts) -

Get used to it, this is the future of gaming unfortunately.

#9 Posted by Drew_Atreides (1282 posts) -
[QUOTE="ebobqbahg"][QUOTE="ultimakid"]Almost every major MMO (or online game, in this case) have a rough launch, due to server overloading and the like. Deal with it, honestly. While this IS a "singleplayer" game, the fact it's purely done online makes it no different from an MMO.

"Online Game" is the phrase that irks me here. Sitting in the same room with several friends who also paid their $65 dollars for this game, and none of us can even log in. Ya'know we once had true single-player and LAN in games. And at the time it would have been unthinkable to release without offline single-player and LAN. How did this even happen?

I suppose the answer is "piracy". Also the 2nd hand market seems to really have companies cheesed off.
#10 Posted by nonlinear314 (598 posts) -

I Came home after work yesterday, logged on for about four or five hours, having a blast with my friends, then I logged off and went to bed.  I assumed that the 2am (in my zone) launch would be bottlenecked by a spoiled, instant gratification freak show (kind of like vanilla/BC WoW) and that I'd may as well get some sleep, go to work the next day and let Blizzard spend the day fixing things while the nerd ragers spend the day complaining.

I hope more people that complain about the need for constant connection yet bought the game anyway all quit.  That should free up some server space.  Not like there's a monthly sub, Blizzard's already got your $60.  Suckers.

#11 Posted by dzimm (4706 posts) -

[QUOTE="Odinyte"]Are you not old enough to remember WoW and Diablo 2's launch? Almost idenitical. Blizz never gets their servers ready properly.Kabals
The single player Diablo 2 was fine at launch (bugs and balancing issues notwithstanding), because it didn't require me to connect to the Internet.

True, but the Diablo 2 installer did have a fatal bug which prevented it from running on a number of popular CD-ROM drives at the time. There were a lot of people who couldn't even install the game and either had to wait for manufacturers to release new firmware, or buy a new drive.  You should have seen the forums explode over that one.

All this is to say that even Diablo 2 wasn't without its problems.

#12 Posted by Xuix (233 posts) -

I Came home after work yesterday, logged on for about four or five hours, having a blast with my friends, then I logged off and went to bed.  I assumed that the 2am (in my zone) launch would be bottlenecked by a spoiled, instant gratification freak show (kind of like vanilla/BC WoW) and that I'd may as well get some sleep, go to work the next day and let Blizzard spend the day fixing things while the nerd ragers spend the day complaining.

I hope more people that complain about the need for constant connection yet bought the game anyway all quit.  That should free up some server space.  Not like there's a monthly sub, Blizzard's already got your $60.  Suckers.

nonlinear314
I have been reading some of your posts. You are insane, full of logical fallacies, and should quit the internet forever. I hope to never run into you in Diablo 3. You are what is wrong with consumers in the gaming industry. You harp about nerd ragers yet you yourself are complaining about complaining. Your snide attitude is unwarranted. To summarize all you have written I would deem you a horrible person. Suck it down, sheep.