can it run d3

Avatar image for takingbackthurs
#1 Posted by takingbackthurs (77 posts) -

hi please help me, i don't want to pre-order and my computer not handle it. will this computer run d3?

intel core i3-380m (2.53ghz, 3mb l3 cache)

intel hd graphics

4 gb ddr3 memory

#2 Posted by digitaldame (5401 posts) -

hi please help me, i don't want to pre-order and my computer not handle it. will this computer run d3?

intel core i3-380m (2.53ghz, 3mb l3 cache)

intel hd graphics

4 gb ddr3 memory

takingbackthurs
GameSpot actually had a "How low can it go" piece that it did not too long ago hope it helps:
#4 Posted by acemono (625 posts) -
yes it will i have a intel core 2 duo and 4 gigs of ram and i play it good now but its the beta.
#5 Posted by G-N-C (84 posts) -

I doubt that the integrated intel graphics will be sufficient. Integrated graphics are pretty bad. You might be lucky enough to get it to run on lowest settings. Why not buy yourself a $40 non integrated card that will by hundreds of times more capable since you have enough ram and a decent processor?

Check out amazon or tigerdirect or similar for a card. Make sure it is compatible with your motherboard first though

#6 Posted by AMitch24 (1167 posts) -

Haven't played the Beta at all, I have a late 2011 MacBook Pro with an i7 Quad at 2.4ghz, 8gb 1333mhz DDR3, 7200rpm HDD, ATi 6770m...my question is at 1680x1050 what kinds of settings will I be able to run?

Thanks!

#7 Posted by JiGSaW918 (197 posts) -

can you guys tell me why my laptop keeps forcing shutting down when I try playing a level? I get like past the barricades on the first mission and then my computer literally just shuts down - no warning or anything... I have an Intel i5 @ 2.53 GHz with 4 GB of RAM and a NVIDIA 310M 516 mb dedicated video card. I have no problems playing LoL on almost all high settings, but diablo 3 is too much for it? that makes no sense, can anyone help me please?

#8 Posted by Major_Burnside (25 posts) -

I actually have this very same question and have yet to find a sufficient answer. My current laptop is garbage and I am looking at buying a new one that I can play DIII on. I know a desktop would be better, but I need a laptop for school and don't have the money for both. I am looking at buying this one and if I did, I would upgrade it to 8GB of RAM. Will this be sufficient to play on at least medium settings? I know it doesn't say in the description here, but it has AMD Radeon 6620G Graphics. Thanks for any and all help: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1159306&CatId=4938

#9 Posted by jmo195 (25 posts) -

can you guys tell me why my laptop keeps forcing shutting down when I try playing a level? I get like past the barricades on the first mission and then my computer literally just shuts down - no warning or anything... I have an Intel i5 @ 2.53 GHz with 4 GB of RAM and a NVIDIA 310M 516 mb dedicated video card. I have no problems playing LoL on almost all high settings, but diablo 3 is too much for it? that makes no sense, can anyone help me please?

JiGSaW918
Sounds like a heat issue? Try air dusting the vents on your laptop, I had a similar issue with SWTOR, force shut down after about 15 minutes of play due to heat. I took a good 30 minutes to really clean every inch of every heating vent, and have never had an issue since. If that doesn't work, it could be any number of issues, but it sounds like your laptop is shutting down due to high heat.