Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 GunEye
Member since 2005 • 1622 Posts

Simple as that.

I am always at pure white. Or at least all stones are glowing white. my character is like offwhite.

This is the second playthrough I do, my last was 73 hours semi-online (when I didn't have connections issues). This current playthrough is online, and yet I never ever see a single stone even a bit dark.

How could this be?

I see bloodstains all around me, and ghosts, players are dying, some worlds should be black or pure black even! whats wrong?

leviathanwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#2 leviathanwing
Member since 2004 • 6383 Posts

the demons souls wiki should explain the difference between wt and ct.  but if you want black ct you do evil things... invade, kill npcs...  black wt is achieved through body form death offline to prevent the server average making a change.

kappa12764

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 kappa12764
Member since 2011 • 30 Posts

Pure white is hard Never die and take down like 2 boss in that world Is like the more you die in human form shifts to black Very different from character tendancies. If sameone wants pure white world should play alone not human and kill 2-3 boss in that world Like you have to start again or wait for white tendency event

kappa12764

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kappa12764
Member since 2011 • 30 Posts

And if you want pure white character you have to kill black phantoms & invaders

GunEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GunEye

Dieing in offline mode frequently and doing other far-fetched stuff is not only incredibly hard to guess by your own (without checking the web) but sounds tedious and broken.

The whole concept of World Tendency is amazing (its even boasted in the back of the game box) - alas it is BROKEN in this game. This should have been WAY more frequent and we should have felt the world changing by the hour! by the minute even, with way more palpable effects and random surprises.

LionHeartAOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LionHeartAOD
Member since 2010 • 46 Posts

if you sign in to the game online then all of your world tendencies will all automatically reset to the avarage of what all others players are on so if you want your world tendencies to stay the same then only play the game offline.

the game is also not broken this is just to make the game harder if you die because black world tendency makes enemies stronger so it makes it more of a challenge.

GunEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GunEye

if you sign in to the game online then all of your world tendencies will all automatically reset to the avarage of what all others players are on so if you want your world tendencies to stay the same then only play the game offline.

the game is also not broken this is just to make the game harder if you die because black world tendency makes enemies stronger so it makes it more of a challenge.

LionHeartAOD
You might not have understand what I meant by broken. Having the world change according to both your deaths and action and the fate of other players across parallel worlds is a brilliant idea. But it should have been executed way better. I won't play the whole game offline, because that will take a huge portion of what Demon's Souls experience is all about. The groundbreaking online application of course. If the tendencies would be ever changing, in a drastic fashion, and you would walk into a white area then suddendly the next room its pure black, the surprises and challenge would go up the roof. Making random effects on the world would also be amazing. When I first read on the back of the game box: "world is ever changing due to other players actions and deaths" I was phsyched! but in the end, I played many hours, never have I felt a single world or character tendency effect, and my world tendency was ever pure white.
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Every Boss you kill gives you one point to White and every time you die in Human form, put it a step towards Black. There are events that can jump the Tendency from Pure Black into Pure White, by killing these Pod looking things that only appear in Pure Black.

So, to make a world dark, all you have to do is die in it while in Human form. So, just use those stones to resurrect yourself and commit suicide in the world that you want to make Pure Dark. As long as you don't stop your current game, you can return to the Nexus and the World will stay at whatever you changed it to. Whenever you log-in onto a Server (which happens when you load up a character) The World Tendencies reset to the Server Average, which is usually 1 or 2 steps above neutral towards White.

Here's the chart:

Steps/ Name,/Deaths to lower
+3 Pure White 0
+2 White 1
+1 Neutral 2
0 Neutral 3
-1 Neutral 4
-2 Neutral 5
-3 Black 6
-4 Pure Black 7

As for leaving a World at Pure White or Pure Black while online, It can only be done for a single World and you can't exit to the Nexus. What you do is exit to the menu within the World and when you load your character the world Tendency will remain the same for that world. It will update to the Server's setting if you go back to the Nexus, though. So, you can't go back to the Nexus, until you're done or you'll just have to use up more of those items and suicide about 6 times, all over again.