I'm happy I didn't buy this....

#1 Posted by adamvoorhees24 (76 posts) -

Too many fixes for something that wasn't broken. I like to draw my own conclusions but all of the changes has left me uninterested.

#2 Posted by moeburn (25 posts) -
You must be in the wrong forum. This forum is for the awesome and completely flawless game, Dead Space 3.
#3 Posted by adamvoorhees24 (76 posts) -

No exploding babies in their mother's arms means I'm not interested! Lame dogs. Terrible.

#4 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2074 posts) -

I was too curious not to see the Isaac story finish and too addicted to all the DS features to avoid it. I look at it this way, even though I don't like most of the changes and feel it rates much lower than DS 1&2 (8/10 vs 9/10), it's still at least as good if not better than most of the games I've played in the last several months.

The way games are getting you have to grade on a curve, or in your stubborness you miss out on some titles that despite their flaws are still very worth playing.

#5 Posted by adamvoorhees24 (76 posts) -

I will play it eventually. When a used copy is $20.

#6 Posted by NTM23 (1107 posts) -

It's there for a reason, but those baby things are there at the end, except... Different. It's all for the story really, so if you had some of these things in it, it wouldn't make sense.

#7 Posted by hockeyfreak84 (25 posts) -
What the hell what you talking about? whatever you wrote makes no sense, what are you trying to justify?
#8 Posted by RevD_Crack (42 posts) -

I was too curious not to see the Isaac story finish and too addicted to all the DS features to avoid it. I look at it this way, even though I don't like most of the changes and feel it rates much lower than DS 1&2 (8/10 vs 9/10), it's still at least as good if not better than most of the games I've played in the last several months.

The way games are getting you have to grade on a curve, or in your stubborness you miss out on some titles that despite their flaws are still very worth playing.

Frag_Maniac

In its own right, DS3 is actually quite a decent game. Key word here... being.... in its own right. 

It just seems to me that this franchise is basically done for unless everything becomes totally revamped in DS4. There's too many errors, faults, and dumbed-down mechanics from DS3 that classify it as a hit and run title.

Increasing my "on-edge" status can increase my scare factor at the right time. Something DS1 pulled off beautifully. The universal ammo/random jibberish being thrown at you from each corner/each angle, etc... in DS3 is a clear sign VG/EA is aiming at new players, and/or players who were overwhelmed by the first two DS games (lol, how absolutely ridiculous the original DS fans are taking a back seat to the people who did not enjoy DS1, DSe, and DS2)... Limited ammo effected my game play (on the harder difficulty) in a good way. Rationing ammo makes me on-edge.

In DS3, basically, everything is just basically candy wrapped to you straight from the get-go.  You barely even feel environmental changes around you going from Easy to Impossible. Cause everything you needed was right there, in front of your very own two eyes. You don't even need to plan your way to victory. Just pew pew pew. Laser beams with telescopic rocket launchers- supersetted with acid rounds. go go go go.

#9 Posted by adamvoorhees24 (76 posts) -

That's my number one problem. It's infuriating. This game isn't designed to give us more of what we want. It was made to broaden the number of players playing. Lessening the horror, coop and Kinect. The game is more player friendly so casual gamers give it a shot. More sales!!!! Yay!!!!! To hell with the real fans!!!! They didn't buy enough units!!!! $$$$$$$$$

#10 Posted by Justinps2hero (2272 posts) -
Totally agree with Adam. Its sad, they sold us out. I like it, but its nowhere near 1 or 2.