Got a question about the suits

Avatar image for HookedonPhonicx
#1 Posted by HookedonPhonicx (376 posts) -

Are they just for cosmetic features or they have actual stats like in DS2 (bigger inventory/upgrade to specific weapons)? It would really suck if they is nothing different with the suits, whats the point of using other suits if they are all the same besides the look.

#2 Posted by MarZMars (28 posts) -

Just cosmetic. You need some of them for the storyline, but they're really just for looks. You can add upgrades to your RIG, but these carry over to all suits worn. You will unlock additional rows of inventory as you progress in the storyline.

#3 Posted by HookedonPhonicx (376 posts) -

Thanks for the reply. Disappointed that its only for cosmetic.

#4 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2074 posts) -

LOL, no they're not just cosmetic. The very first suit upgrade is imperitive just to survive the extremely cold weather, Otherwise you have to stay near heat sources to survive. You also get bigger inventory capacity as you go.

#5 Posted by Justinps2hero (2273 posts) -

I miss the shop, I'm sure I'll get used to the new system, but man I really loved walking up the shop & seeing stuff being unlocked, knowing that an essential upgrade was just a click away. I'm a bit lost with the new bench. But along with the new save points, I'd say thats my only gripe.

#6 Posted by MarZMars (28 posts) -

You still get to upgrade your RIG/Suit, only change is that suits themselves don't have individual bonuses. There's just as much to upgrade if not more, and you'll be able to see the upgrades change the apperance of your RIG.

#7 Posted by HookedonPhonicx (376 posts) -

LOL, no they're not just cosmetic. The very first suit upgrade is imperitive just to survive the extremely cold weather, Otherwise you have to stay near heat sources to survive. You also get bigger inventory capacity as you go.

Frag_Maniac

Yeah I just passed that part, you only need that specific suit for that part. You can change back to any suit in the game and your body temp isn't affected. So it is mostly for cosmetic features which is disappointing.

about this ad
#8 Posted by MarZMars (28 posts) -

Frag_Maniac

Like I said "You need some of them for the storyline, but they're really just for looks." - your suit helmet gets broken and is thus unable to keep you warm, that's why you need to get the artic suit. But, once you unlock it, you can change to whichever suit you like, it's story progress, nothing more.

Also, unlocking additional inventory rows aren't directly tied to suits, but to Story progress. You start with 3 rows, once you get to chapter 4 you get the 4th row, and you get row 5 at around chapter 12 or somesuch.

#9 Posted by Frag_Maniac (2074 posts) -

Yeah, I know, NG+ makes it pretty obvious you can wear any suit once you get the RIG upgraded. I'm just talking about the scripted parts of a fresh play through, and unfortunately it's mainly just that battle with the cold. I seem to recall one suit being described as radiation resistant too, but honetsly, there's WAY too much dumbed down universal one size fits all crap in this game.

This is what happens when noobs get what they want. It was noobs who couldn't handle the solo campaign on higher difficulty levels in DS2 without help that cry for coop. It was noobs that whined that the weapons weren't good enough, causing an infinite number of crafting options which made universal ammo almost necessary of out storage practicality. It's console noobs that are impressed with cool looking things that don't necessarily have a different function. It's the console preorder crowd getting fat allowances from mom and dad that have no problem paying extra for meaningless DLC and perks.

Sorry if that sounds harsh to some, but it's the grim reality. These are the people and the kind of casual attitudes that are taking over gaming as we know it. They listen to the average player with plenty of time, allownaces and little skill.