For fans of the series, it's a candy-coated dream come true...

User Rating: 8.5 | Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 X360
...For feminists and so-called hardcore gamers it's probably their worst nightmare come to life.

DOA Xtreme2 is very much like it's predecessor. A niche title with a lot of depth that many people wont like due to it's simplistic presentation and focus on the female anatomy.

Firstly, volleyball is no longer the main event this time around which is made evident from it's absence in the title. Instead you are presented with a variety of mini games which include Volleyball but also feature jet ski and foot races, pool games, relationship building and gambling. These you'll either love or hate depending on how much time you like spending with the girls of DOA.

The biggest and most compelling upgrade to the series has to be the next gen visuals primarily the girls themselves. Quite frankly they look amazing and will easily appeal to fans of anime and the DOA series.

I think it's fair to assume that if your even remotely interested in this game it's because of the girls so lets not kid ourselves. With the improved graphics, "soft phyics" (which causes the girls breasts to jiggle about like they have minds of their own) and the ability to "capture" each girl on film in various poses modeling the bikini of your choice, this is the epitome of fan service slash guilty pleasure.

So now that you know what your getting into all you really need to decide is if this game is really worth "playing" at all. Well that really depends on the type of person you are and what type of games you like to play. I for one do not particularly like mini games but I like anime girls in bikinis so I am quite willing to play mini games if it helps to unlock further bikinis, which it does. I'm also a completists, so I'm almost compelled to keep playing and collecting all the items I can. However, if you just so happen to like mini games and bikinis than you are already at an advantage. On the other hand if you dont like either of those things than you should probably just walk away right now.

DOA X2, quite simply, is a game meant for fans of the series and people who really like animated boobs. Nuff' said.