Fatal-Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

User Lists: 0

#1 Fatal-Chaos
Member since 2008 • 496 Posts

This game is annoying the hell out of me. I played Demon Souls and even though it also annoyed me at first (cause i wasn't use to that style) it eventually became enjoyable and easy to play. However Iv'e played Demon Souls so it's not like i'm not use to the style. This game is just more unfair. For example, the Taurus boss, Iv'e seen a video on how to beat him, but he just knocks me off the ladder and if i manage to get up on the roof a second time he just jumps up on top of me and 1 hits me. The other thing that's annoying apart from an unbalance of enemies is the games reaction time to my button pushing is so SLOW! I press O to roll, nothing happens, i press it again then i finally i roll but then i roll a seoncd time! This is very annoying when trying to dodge an attack from an enemy, the first roll doesn't work so then i get hit, then i roll twice and miss my chance to counter attack. Is anyone else getting this delay in game? Like when i swing a sword it also delays and sometimes it swings twice when Iv'e only pressed once. And don't say because I'm a noob, like i said before Iv'e played Demon Souls on 3 characters beating it on Hardmode, and i didn't find it as near frustrating as this.

0Hamburgher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 0Hamburgher
Member since 2010 • 957 Posts
I think a fix for the delay is to press L1 if you try dodging/attack and nothing happens. Also, for the Taurus, you get more than enough time to jump onto his head.
HunterSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HunterSC
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Taurus demon is a joke come on.. if you immediately sprint back after triggering him you can easily make it up the ladder, plunging attack with gold pine resin from 2 minutes earlier will do a ton of damage..  You can see his attacks coming with such a slow wind up.  Dark Souls is as close to flawless an ARPG can be but it is A LOT to learn and master.  At this point, i can play through the game blindfolded :'b  I'm working on a Soul Level 1 run on the channel now. :]

Fatal-Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fatal-Chaos

I just killed the Taurus first attempt since that post. This time he didn't jump up on the wall, but i immediately ran off the wall to plunge him, also this time i ran to the very other end and waited for him to jump attack, which is his slowest move. I rolled under his legs then sprinted to the ladder, even then he got a hit on me on the ladder once, luckily i didn't fall off. I'm also a level 11 Thief, my level and class may have something to do with the difficulty. I was level 8 at the time of that post.

0Hamburgher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 0Hamburgher
Honestly I beat him without the ladder. Wish I knew you could do plunge attacks.
HunterSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HunterSC
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Honestly I beat him without the ladder. Wish I knew you could do plunge attacks.0Hamburgher

Yes me too my first run.. had no idea about these falling attacks.. nor did i know about pine resin xD - and these things stack nicely !!  

Fatal-Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fatal-Chaos

[QUOTE="0Hamburgher"]Honestly I beat him without the ladder. Wish I knew you could do plunge attacks.HunterSC

Yes me too my first run.. had no idea about these falling attacks.. nor did i know about pine resin xD - and these things stack nicely !!

Pine resin? Also it depends on your class, anything with ranged attacks is much easier against boss fights. I'm a thief, squishy as heck.

0Hamburgher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 0Hamburgher

[QUOTE="HunterSC"]

[QUOTE="0Hamburgher"]Honestly I beat him without the ladder. Wish I knew you could do plunge attacks.Fatal-Chaos

Pine resin? Also it depends on your class, anything with ranged attacks is much easier against boss fights. I'm a thief, squishy as heck.

Pine resin are item based weapon buffs, but they are usually quite poor (very useful early on)