Worth It?

#1 Posted by kurboat64 (258 posts) -

$60 bucks Is a little steep for me. But I'm itching to get it,  Would ya'll say its worth it or not ?   Thks to all that replay.

#2 Posted by modart (86 posts) -

I bet this game never go's on sale at least in the foreseeable future. So I'll be saving up for this one because 60 dollars is a big hit for me these days. 

Avatar image for Simplythebest12
#3 Posted by Simplythebest12 (28 posts) -

No it does not worth 60 dollars i have played the game and finished it in 7 hours
The graphics are fantastic but AI is **** and Single player is short

Wait to get cheaper if you still want to buy it

PS: If you only care about Multiplayer BF3 is still a much better game from this

#4 Posted by ChiefFreeman (5667 posts) -

Hearing that the game is very easy and short is disappointing.  Think I'll wait til it drops to $29.99.   The nano suit has gotten old,  and Crytek needs to move on from Crysis.

#5 Posted by FlankerDFMax (1777 posts) -

Hearing that the game is very easy and short is disappointing. Think I'll wait til it drops to $29.99. The nano suit has gotten old, and Crytek needs to move on from Crysis.

ChiefFreeman

Ditto for me. CryTek is starting to look like a one hit wonder, well, two if you count the original FarCry.

#6 Posted by Diamondsoulz (136 posts) -

60.00 is the problem when you have awesome games like PS2 on Steam FOR FREE. I am a die hard gamer I don't game everday but putting a game out there for that much proves to be a problem from the start. It's the ecnonmy and other factors.

#7 Posted by kurboat64 (258 posts) -
Wow 60 bucks for a 7 hr game That sucks bad.
#8 Posted by kurboat64 (258 posts) -

Hearing that the game is very easy and short is disappointing.  Think I'll wait til it drops to $29.99.   The nano suit has gotten old,  and Crytek needs to move on from Crysis.

ChiefFreeman
Try the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games The AI In any of them will OWN you .
#9 Posted by modart (86 posts) -

metro last light will be out next month so I will have a decision to make on how to spend my game money. I still haven't completed metro 2033 so maybe this is a good time to get back in to that game.

#10 Posted by Keaze_ (895 posts) -

metro last light will be out next month so I will have a decision to make on how to spend my game money. I still haven't completed metro 2033 so maybe this is a good time to get back in to that game.

modart

If Crysis is a form of currency, Metro is worth 59.99 Crysis's.

Avatar image for TheRaiderNation
#11 Posted by TheRaiderNation (1653 posts) -

Keep in mind this is coming from somone who has never played the orginal Crysis, only crysis 2.

I felt like I got great value picking up Crysis 3, I pre-ordered the game at best buy and got a PSN code to download the first Crysis as part of the pre-order bonus. So Crysis and Crysis 3 for $60 was a great deal in my book.

I have only played the first 3 missions, but I geneerally agree with what majority of you have said in this thread. Outstanding graphics, excellent gunplay and nano suit mechanics, but the AI is not very smart. I don't know if this is more because your Nanosuit ablities are overpowered and the AI just crumbles easily if you use the mechanices correctly or if the AI just is not overly smart.

I likely won't touch the MP, but I am certain I'll go back and replay the game on the higher difficulty levels after my initial play through. 

#12 Posted by alphatango1 (3778 posts) -

Ive played all the Crysis games. I have always found the AI acceptable and comparable to most others. They never struck me as either dumb or intelligent. Maybe the wider playing environment coupled with the extended cloaking ability has tipped the balance?

As for the games' length. I'll take quality over quantity any day. I still haven't even played black ops 2 even a third of the way through..Total crap.

I think I will find this game will one of the prettiest available and as graphics nut, irresistible.

#13 Posted by Baroni88 (345 posts) -

Let me tell everyone that the game took me about 10 hours to complete on hard difficulty. If you take the time to explore like you should and plan your attacks and put the game on hard, which is perfect difficulty, it took me about 10 hours at least. I loved the game. It was a great wrap to the series. Still waiting to play multiplayer but my internet is down so I'll have to wait a few days for that. 

I think the game was worth the $60. AI is NOT bad like everyone says it is. They are just like both previous titles AI. I'm not really sure why this game is getting ripped on but I loved it. Great visual, great closing to the story and great stealth gameplay. 

Think of it this way; You are a badass, Profit, you have the capability to cloak and use use armour when needed. You are a force to be reckoned with. It might seem easy sometimes because you have the resources to kick ass. The bow is great. Glad they gave it to us in the beginning. I didn't get to use the full upgrade system in my first play through.

IMO, it's worth $60. I have it for XBOX and it looks and feels great.

#14 Posted by operationode (151 posts) -

Not bad, not good, just mediocre.

it does looks good on pc :)

#15 Posted by 1valiantknight (973 posts) -

Another factor to consider is that the game is BUGGY! Even on Console. I played through it on 360 and ran into many different bugs. Weapons falling through the ground or getting stuck in the environment. Myself getting stuck in the environment and theres no releod last checkpoint so you just have to quite and load your game again, sucks. I had events not trigger so again quite and reload. Lastly when I beat the last boss I was rewareded with my console crashing to black screen. Fun Stuff! Glad I rented from Redbox.

#16 Posted by SpiiiiiiiiKe (112 posts) -

Torrented it and finished the game already, sigh another game that ends in 7hrs. Anyone thinking of getting this, don't.  Download, play once and delete.

#17 Posted by solidsnake7882 (2122 posts) -

Torrented it and finished the game already, sigh another game that ends in 7hrs. Anyone thinking of getting this, don't.  Download, play once and delete.

SpiiiiiiiiKe

People like you are whats hurting us gamers especially PC gamers.

#18 Posted by operationode (151 posts) -

[QUOTE="SpiiiiiiiiKe"]

solidsnake7882

60$ for a less than mediocre game? NO THANKS and THANKS YOU THE PIRATE BAY.

The way I see piracy is the natural selection for mediathey make expensive garbing Ill download the game and see if it worth the money. I pay gladly for good games (Oblivion + expansion, Skyrim, Borderlands and many more game I love) and I dont see C3 worth 60$.

How piracy can be reduce in my opinion?
1- games less expensive

2-      Playable demo

3-      Better information

4-      The possibility GUARANTIDED to be able sell a used game (a game should be like a car: I both the car I used and when and if I want I sell it)

And why in hell I have to download a pirate copy with the rick of virus, problems, maybe updates ????

#19 Posted by solidsnake7882 (2122 posts) -

[QUOTE="solidsnake7882"]

[QUOTE="SpiiiiiiiiKe"]

operationode

The way I see piracy is the natural selection for mediathey make expensive garbing Ill download the game and see if it worth the money. I pay gladly for good games (Oblivion + expansion, Skyrim, Borderlands and many more game I love) and I dont see C3 worth 60$.

1- games less expensive

2-      Playable demo

4-      The possibility GUARANTIDED to be able sell a used game (a game should be like a car: I both the car I used and when and if I want I sell it)

And why in hell I have to download a pirate copy with the rick of virus, problems, maybe updates ????

Games are on;y going to get more expensive as the technolgy gets better and B mediocre or not(I think it's great) does not give you the right to pirate.

#20 Posted by alphatango1 (3778 posts) -

[QUOTE="solidsnake7882"]

[QUOTE="SpiiiiiiiiKe"]

operationode

1- games less expensive

2-      Playable demo

Pirates worried about viruses? LoL. You sir are a skid mark on the underpants of PC gaming. 

#21 Posted by operationode (151 posts) -

If you pay attention about what you download and download from trusted sources you dont you dont get virus. Virus are a known risk, that what I mean.

If games are getting more expensive because the technology is getting better, the game play and story is less than mediocre (Crysis 3 is a good example), I will download before even consider to buy it.

Graphics, physics, hair rendering and other technologies DO NOT MAKE A GOOD GAME. Game mechanics, game play, story and memorable characters DO MAKE A GOOD GAME.

Minecraft has bad graphics (now are almost its signature) but on game play and game mechanics is amazing and thats why it has so much success. 20$

Grezzo 2 (an Italian game) made with the doom 2 engine is FENOMENAL light year more fun than crysis. FREE

Path of Exile has a decent graphics, fantastic game play, I love the old school rpg style, it is very addictive and very well made and it is FREE

How much you play for a game it is not a guaranty of quality. I paid full price for what I consider good game that I like and I think are worth the money and something more ( Skyrim, Mass effect 1 2 3, Borderlands 1 2, Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout 3 NV, L4D, GTA SA and many more) and for these games Im proud to own a legit copy.  What someone likes a game or not is subjective, but I dont think that better game technologies are an excuse to increase the price. I think a game should be made around the story and game play and game mechanics; it should not be made around a technology (like graphics).

#22 Posted by alphatango1 (3778 posts) -

If you pay attention about what you download and download from trusted sources you dont you dont get virus. Virus are a known risk, that what I mean.

If games are getting more expensive because the technology is getting better, the game play and story is less than mediocre (Crysis 3 is a good example), I will download before even consider to buy it.

Graphics, physics, hair rendering and other technologies DO NOT MAKE A GOOD GAME. Game mechanics, game play, story and memorable characters DO MAKE A GOOD GAME.

Minecraft has bad graphics (now are almost its signature) but on game play and game mechanics is amazing and thats why it has so much success. 20$

Grezzo 2 (an Italian game) made with the doom 2 engine is FENOMENAL light year more fun than crysis. FREE

Path of Exile has a decent graphics, fantastic game play, I love the old school rpg style, it is very addictive and very well made and it is FREE

How much you play for a game it is not a guaranty of quality. I paid full price for what I consider good game that I like and I think are worth the money and something more ( Skyrim, Mass effect 1 2 3, Borderlands 1 2, Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout 3 NV, L4D, GTA SA and many more) and for these games Im proud to own a legit copy.  What someone likes a game or not is subjective, but I dont think that better game technologies are an excuse to increase the price. I think a game should be made around the story and game play and game mechanics; it should not be made around a technology (like graphics).

operationode

Games are getting more expensive because of inflation.

The analogy you use is also true and I agree with you.  It is also evident in other entertainment mediums like, say movies. Technology advances but , in itself, does not make it good. 3D is an example. It still needs a compelling story and script.

I have had many debates with pirates. I have heard all their excuses, including  yours. Ultimately, you wouldn't go into a restaurant, eat their food and then decide whether to pay depedning on your judgment. By consuming, you have entered into a implied contract. 

I also find it hard to believe that you pay for games you like. So you pirate them first and then trott out to the shop and buy something you already possess? Right.

#23 Posted by operationode (151 posts) -

[QUOTE="operationode"]

alphatango1

Games are getting more expensive because of inflation.

The analogy you use is also true and I agree with you.  It is also evident in other entertainment mediums like, say movies. Technology advances but , in itself, does not make it good. 3D is an example. It still needs a compelling story and script.

I have had many debates with pirates. I have heard all their excuses, including  yours. Ultimately, you wouldn't go into a restaurant, eat their food and then decide whether to pay depedning on your judgment. By consuming, you have entered into a implied contract. 

I also find it hard to believe that you pay for games you like. So you pirate them first and then trott out to the shop and buy something you already possess? Right.

YES I DID BUY THE GAME I LIKE THAT I DOWNLOAD

#24 Posted by alphatango1 (3778 posts) -

Good man. Now go change those underpants.

#25 Posted by LazyGamerX (360 posts) -

If you dont have a DX11 card dont bother coz they didnt bother to add dx10 compatibility. I liked crytek but after this BS I wouldnt wipe my a$$ with their brand. Really how hard would it have been to add dx10 compatibility like the last game. its able to play on consoles and the first looks better but this requires more power???? really

#26 Posted by Arcvenum (25 posts) -
its definetly worth it! its one of the best shooters out there right now in my opinion
#27 Posted by JDFS (664 posts) -

Yes it's worth it, until you can play BF4... these are the best graphics and sceneries you'll ever see in a game (if you play it PC of course), it will blow your mind, you can't miss that.

And the game is fun to play!