One of the best games you'll ever play on a Genesis!

User Rating: 8.8 | Comix Zone GEN
Comix Zone is an amazing game, a game that goes down as one of the best Genesis games, at least to me. It’s a game that puts you inside a comic book in which you go from panel to panel until you finish the page. Who doesn’t want to be able to control the outcome of a comic book, though it’s not like there are multiple endings based on the path you choose.

The gameplay is terrific, the controls and set up work well. An arrow gives you the direction of the next panel which opens after you’ve completed the current panel. Sometimes you will have the option of taking a different path which can have its benefits, like power ups or health. You also have your trusty rat pet which may seem like it’s useless at first, but the rat (a.k.a. Roadkill) can help you find hidden items and help you get out of sticky situations. The game is a bit on the difficult side, but a challenge is always welcome.

The graphics are great for the Genesis and work well to give the game a great feeling. The character and level design are great as well. There is always something new to see and defeat. Well that last sentence sort of rhymed and it sounded **** (at least to me it did) so I just had to get that off my chest. The sound works well and all the effects sound great.

Well I highly recommend this game and if you haven’t played it yet then you must give it a try. It has some interesting aspect that you really won’t find anywhere else and not to mention it is a lot of fun. If you’re looking for something fun and challenging, then you can’t go wrong with Comix Zone.