shootout in the old west

User Rating: 8 | Call of Juarez: Gunslinger X360

This is the first Juarez game Ive played and I was suprised how much I enjoyed it. I got it when it was on good discount on xbla. Right away the game did give me a budget title feel to it but after got over that its an awesome shooter thats a ton of fun to play.
You play as Silas greeves as he recounts his adventures to people in a bar. So theres alot of dialouge as you play and some clever and funny rewrites and rewinds as he makes up different happenings. The gameplay does somewhat have a Call of duty feel with fun arcade points added for headshots, combos, and long range kills. These points can be used for upgrades and gives it some good replay value. There are only a few weapons but several variations of each I found myself tossing dynamite quite frequently. There are some intense challenging bossfights that are exhilerhating and frustrating at same time. Also alot of end levels have duel showdowns which is a fun minigame.
The sound effects and music are all great. The voice acting is pretty good with alot of cheesey dialouge, some of which had me laughing out loud. The graphics are nothing to wrie home about but good nonetheless.
Overall if like shooters this is a good 6 hours well spent..