very bad game

#1 Posted by dzohhar (25 posts) -

I am sorry, but I do have to spell it out...

This is quite a terrible game...

1. simplistic... for some reason i still had a kind of illusion that the game kind of improves. Well... it was an illusion...

same engine, same simplistic graphics, physics, story. Sounds are under any benchmark that should be for a game franchise that had such a hype...

2. linear...

3. boring - seen this... done that - kind of thing, light and idiotic

4. did i mention sounds?

5. etc...

6. boring... (sorry, had to mention it again...)

Thank god I did not buy it. I completed the campaign at my friend's place.

The only thing I did not try was multiplayer - but I doubt it would be able to save what is the ultimate disaster... again

Cheers to fanboys,

#2 Posted by UconnBoy (25 posts) -

I am sorry, but I do have to spell it out...

This is quite a terrible game...

1. simplistic... for some reason i still had a kind of illusion that the game kind of improves. Well... it was an illusion...

same engine, same simplistic graphics, physics, story. Sounds are under any benchmark that should be for a game franchise that had such a hype...

2. linear...

3. boring - seen this... done that - kind of thing, light and idiotic

4. did i mention sounds?

5. etc...

6. boring... (sorry, had to mention it again...)

Thank god I did not buy it. I completed the campaign at my friend's place.

The only thing I did not try was multiplayer - but I doubt it would be able to save what is the ultimate disaster... again

Cheers to fanboys,

dzohhar

DONT LISTEN TO THIS GUY This guy has probaly never played mw3 before and probaly just another bf3 fan. Let me tell u one thing dont base this game on the campain the multiplayer ROCKS.

#3 Posted by dzohhar (25 posts) -

Just finished the campaign of MW3, before the yesterday's posting.

I just said what I think. The game is ugly, with bad sounds and boring and its so unrealistic that.... If multiplay is 180 degrees different, good for you. c'mon - even a gunshot sounds basically anyithing but a real one and visual effects and textures are pixelated and from 2005... sorry. ...and the game is maxed out for me... like the first call of duty from 2002 or 3 (the engine is the same I think :)

BTW, at least BF3 looks and sounds nice, but the campaign is not a highlight there as well.

cheers,

#4 Posted by Trollol56 (33 posts) -

you didnt give any valid reasons, 

this game is not ment to be realistic

#5 Posted by Torino818 (150 posts) -

MW3 isn't meant to revolutionize the genre, it is merely an end to the MW storyline while providing some cleaned-up multiplayer and new(ish) spec ops missions.  It does this amazingly well but unfortunately the prevalence of hackers and douchebags on the multiplayer really detracts from the game's multiplayer and the campaign provides little in the way of new gameplay.

Avatar image for LilAznRiceBoi89
#6 Posted by LilAznRiceBoi89 (1188 posts) -

MW3 isn't meant to revolutionize the genre, it is merely an end to the MW storyline while providing some cleaned-up multiplayer and new(ish) spec ops missions.  It does this amazingly well but unfortunately the prevalence of hackers and douchebags on the multiplayer really detracts from the game's multiplayer and the campaign provides little in the way of new gameplay.

Torino818

You summed this up well. What people don't realize is that IW isn't what they used to be. A lot of the main people that worked at IW have left and formed the new studio Respawn. With all that being said, MW3 is still a good game. The campaign brings conclusion to the story and the multiplayer has been tweaked and balanced. I haven't run into any hackers like you stated but every online game has people that like to ruin the experience for others (boosters, people who don't play the game like it's meant to be played, etc). My thoughts are taht COD 4: MW is what started it all and was great, MW2 was a lot of fun but there was a lot going on with that game which made the multiplayer unbalanced, and MW3 brought the franchise full circle and wrapped everything up while offering one of the most balanced multiplayers of the 3 games.

MW3's graphics are the best out of the whole COD franchise. From what I've seen of Black Ops 2, the graphics in MW3 look better in my opinion. As for sounds, maybe you need a better sound system or headset. With my Astro A50s I can hear every explosion and bullet whiz by with intense impact. Yes Battlefield 3 has better sounds but that franchise has always focused on the sounds. The CoD games still have decent sound in my opinion.

The OP obviously didn't like MW3; that's fine. To each their own they say. There are plenty of people that enjoy the COD / MW franchise and there are plenty that hate it as well. I will say one thing, it is time for the COD franchise to go next gen and move onto a different engine that doesn't rely on the id Tech 3 (Quake) engine.