Amazing game held back by a few glitches that prevent you from continuing, still offers a one of a kind experience, 8.0.

User Rating: 8 | Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth PC
Being a big PC game fan, especially horror games, I found this game to be right up my alley. It's a straight-forward first person horror action adventure shooter, basically 99% linear, except for being able to take a different alley in the first few levels... The controls are simple, but they still work well. The graphics aren't too bad, but the whole Cthulhu universe is on the gray side of things, but that is what the creators deliberately tried to do. The plot isn't comparable to Metal Gear Solid, or anything...but its at the very least, interesting. The first few levels, you have to sneak around, talk to people, run away from the townspeople on a one-way track. After that, you get some weapons and start fighting. I love iron sights in games, and this offers it as well making most weapons deadly with a well-placed shot. The knife in this game is worth it alone, holding down right click fires a nice pig-stick attack which kills unsuspecting enemies, not many first person games offers it, except for 'Hidden: Source", atleast all I can think of...

This game is getting harder and harder to find, so grab it when you see it. I bought mine from Amazon.com for around 35 shipped, sealed though...

There are a few bugs where it prevents you from moving on forward, for example: a moving cart not initially moving, so you have no where to go, I think you have to backtrack and get it started again or something. Unfortunately, this game keeps on crashing at random points....I'm actually near the end of the game and can't beat it. It crashes every time I open this door and a cutscene comes, but it offers a unique player experience with the 'insanity' feature when you see something gruesome, can actually cause you to shoot yourself if you get too freaked out!