Great atmospheric horror, badly executed.

User Rating: 4.5 | Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth PC
I like horror games and this game doesn't disappoint in that department. The first few chapters offer mystery and detective work. Outdated graphics don't really matter since this is about atmosphere and it does what it's supposed to do: put you in a horrific situation. You feel powerless until you find some weapons then it's kick-ass, although you die frequently if you're not careful because the thugs outnumber you in most situations.

Now the bad stuff: Sometimes you get stuck and don't know what to do next. For example, there was some furniture blocking a staircase and you had to jump over it to go down, I looked at it and hesitated since Jack's jumping ability is very bad, he could never jump over 45cm railings let alone a big ass closet. Turns out he gets on a chair and flies over it. Unless you consult a walk-through you will die and will repeat sections frequently so it becomes a tedious, frustrating experience, like some games of the past.

I overcame all the obstacles and got on a ship, now I had to shoot canons at some shore and there was NO BLUE LIGHTS on it to shoot. Turns out this is a bug in the PC version and so I couldn't finish the game, which makes it broken and useless. Too bad.