Wobosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Wobosh
Member since 2007 • 945 Posts

Just throwing a quick note in for people looking at this game. For a start it's a lot better than a lot of the feedback would suggest.

Boiling Point plays very similarly to Fallout 3 in that it's a large persistent world with skills upgrading, inventory development and objectives driven storyline. It's relatively unpolished - unfortunately moron gamers with no patience caused this game to be orphaned and ensured English speaking players would never see general release of "The Precursors" game.

Once it's patched Boiling Point is very stable etc. The biggest glitches in it are messed up voice overs when talking to various characters and your vehicle disappearing - which can be a BIG pain if you use your main vehicle's trunk as your main storage area like I do.

I don't know what's going on or why it happens but over the years I've had that glitch happen on one install of the game but not on two other installs.

Boiling Point also doesn't have Iron Sights - which was normal when it was released but falls short of expectation nowadays. You get used to it but always miss it.

The game itself is very immersive as long as you invest yourself in being the character and playing the story. If you just try and casually mess about then it'll quickly feel wierd and confusing. Play it out properly and the gameplay tho not nearly as polished as Fallout 3 can be every bit as enjoyable.

MindlessTeef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2 MindlessTeef
Member since 2003 • 1392 Posts

Agreed, awesome game. As is the games 2nd installment (not a follow up) called White Gold. Up there with the Stalker series as some of the best original (as in not Call of Duty :)) FPS titles of the last 10 years.