Open the tear. Bug?

#1 Posted by Gods_Son23 (226 posts) -

This wasn't posted by me, but it sums up my problem. - http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?222151-Help-with-this-bug

Am I missing something:question:

#2 Posted by kankerhoer (189 posts) -

I'm having the same problem. Unfortunately, haven't found a fix yet, which really bums me out. Hope they patch it soon.

#3 Posted by Gods_Son23 (226 posts) -

I'm having the same problem. Unfortunately, haven't found a fix yet, which really bums me out. Hope they patch it soon.

kankerhoer
I read someone saying that they changed to window mode and lowered the graphic settings to fix the problem. I tried it, but it didn;t seem to work for me.
#4 Posted by kankerhoer (189 posts) -

[QUOTE="kankerhoer"]

Gods_Son23

I read someone saying that they changed to window mode and lowered the graphic settings to fix the problem. I tried it, but it didn;t seem to work for me.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it out. But I think Elizabeth's the problem. The sound of the tear opening plays, but she doesn't move (her animation doesn't play). I think theres's nothing we can do. I'll keep trying some stuff. If I find a solution, I'll let you know.

#5 Posted by kankerhoer (189 posts) -

I finally got it to work. Don't know exactly what I did that made it work, so I'll just explain the circumstances in which it worked.

Firstly, I followed your tip. Put the resolution as low as I could and ran the game in windowed mode (didn't change any of the other settings, like anti aliasing and such). Then I reloaded my last save, ran to the room in which the tear is located and stood very close to the tear and opened it. Since I thought it might be an Elizabeth-issue, I ran to the room as fast as possible and tried to open the tear as soon as I could, so that Elizabeth would still be walking into the room at the moment I pressed F to open the tear. Somehow this worked and she opened the tear like she was supposed to.

Hope this helps you! Good luck :)

#6 Posted by Gods_Son23 (226 posts) -

I finally got it to work. Don't know exactly what I did that made it work, so I'll just explain the circumstances in which it worked.

Firstly, I followed your tip. Put the resolution as low as I could and ran the game in windowed mode (didn't change any of the other settings, like anti aliasing and such). Then I reloaded my last save, ran to the room in which the tear is located and stood very close to the tear and opened it. Since I thought it might be an Elizabeth-issue, I ran to the room as fast as possible and tried to open the tear as soon as I could, so that Elizabeth would still be walking into the room at the moment I pressed F to open the tear. Somehow this worked and she opened the tear like she was supposed to.

Hope this helps you! Good luck :)

kankerhoer
Awesome. Thanks a lot. I'll give it a go.
#7 Edited by discolight99 (1 posts) -

i have the same problem but I am on a Xbox one can someone please help!