BoxOfPocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#1 BoxOfPocky
Member since 2004 • 239 Posts

Not much to really to discuss. Just wanted to make conversation. I just beat it today, and it sort of made me sad to realize that the game may never see a sequel because of its sales. Also kind of irks me that there are people who actually rating the game low on the site just out of spite. But for the rest of you guys who actually got the game and legitimately played it, what do you think of the game?

Avatar image for jaydenstadtfeld
JaydenStadtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 JaydenStadtfeld
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I enjoyed it. I can honestly say I have been playing Bayonetta on and off since the game came out all these years ago, so of course I’m thrilled playing a sequel no matter what. Nevertheless there were a few minor hiccups or more stylistic flaws; a lot of the boss battles are pretty intense and crazy, but they don’t compare to Bayonetta. I really miss how she would let her hair down and rip the bosses apart arm by arm until there was nothing left before they would get sucked into hell. The bosses just aren't like that anymore; sure she can fly now in most of them intense battles, but I really would have enjoyed twisting off more dragon heads.

BoxOfPocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BoxOfPocky

@jaydenstadtfeld: Makes sense. I can see where you are coming from with that. I do agree. The first game, every boss felt like an epic fight. Some of the boss fights in this one felt more like mini-bosses in comparison to the first. It's still fun, just not as epic. I do feel they improved the combat system though which was great. My only other thing against the game is that the weapons doesn't feel as cool as the first game. I miss weapons like Odette, Sai Fung, Durga, and Lt. Kilgore; those were freaking fun to play with.

JaydenStadtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JaydenStadtfeld

@BoxOfPocky: Yeah I miss Sai Fung a lot actually; I had a lot of fun with that weapon. I was hoping that the rest of the weapons from Bayonetta would carry over with the completion of Bayonetta on the Wii U, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Have you finished Climax yet?

BoxOfPocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BoxOfPocky

@jaydenstadtfeld: I beat 2nd climax. Currently 3/4th through with 3rd climax to unlock Rosa and Infinite Climax. Haven't touched Tag Climax yet.

JaydenStadtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By JaydenStadtfeld

@BoxOfPocky: I see. I beat it a few days ago and was kinda disappointed because I didn't get anything for beating it besides the achievement. Kinda curious whether it was because I got an Enzo overall or if you really don't get anything special for beating it...

BoxOfPocky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BoxOfPocky

@jaydenstadtfeld: Well I had all gold on everything for 2nd climax and got: Jeanne and the bracelet of time accessory (the one where you can control witch time at will). I know beating 3rd climax gets you Rosa. As for the others I think they are unlocked via verse cards in tag climax.

JaydenStadtfeld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JaydenStadtfeld

@BoxOfPocky: Bracelet of time is sooooo much better in this game. And yeah that's right for the other characters.