Why is the patch so big

#1 Posted by Alucard_Prime (8911 posts) -

Just curious because 2.38 gigs for only  tweaks and adjustments seems unlikely.....could parts of the upcoming dlc be in there or does anyone know anything about this? thanks 

#2 Posted by SnakeEyesX80 (2181 posts) -
My guess is that the Close Quarters DLC was included in the update. Just like they did with Vietnam. You had that DLC on your HDD whether you bought it or not.
#3 Posted by bronze_earth (112 posts) -

My guess is that the Close Quarters DLC was included in the update. Just like they did with Vietnam. You had that DLC on your HDD whether you bought it or not.SnakeEyesX80

#4 Posted by bronze_earth (112 posts) -

My guess is that the Close Quarters DLC was included in the update. Just like they did with Vietnam. You had that DLC on your HDD whether you bought it or not.SnakeEyesX80

...And we all know you love to pay over the odds for your content ehy snakeyeys. Its people like you that keep people like EA milking her cow.

I remark on the comments left in my other post about premium bringing woe because of the price,the fact that we also have to have our hard drives full of stuff we wont want to use is pathetic,why should i have to take up valuable space on my xbox if im not going to purchase the expansion packs at all? is this also fair in your snakeEyes?

What im saying and I will type slow as I know you cant read fast... why should people have to download the 2 gig patch even when they will not be buying the extra content? other than the obvious patch that is needed im also lumbered now with about a gig and a half of map packs i will never be using as i will not milk the cow with EA.

Back in the day I remember computer and video games used to come on a cassette and you had to load them in with a tape deck and it took about 30 mins to do that,I also remember none of those games then came out with extra content and expected me to pay extra,it would have kicked up a shlt storm back then if they asked for more cash for code. Its only now with people like you with hands out wide ready to pull on EA`s teet that keep them ripping us off.

#5 Posted by SnakeEyesX80 (2181 posts) -

How would I know that you're typing slow if it's all posted at the same time. Duurrrr. Anyways, my suggestion to you is, find another hobby if you can't afford this one anymore. And maybe you need to spend what little money you have on building a time machine so you can go back to when games where on a cassette? Get off the dole and maybe we can enjoy all the DLC together!

#6 Posted by bronze_earth (112 posts) -

Wow you have a great imagination putting the fact that I remember cassette games along with my employment status lol.I bet your some fat lardy ass kid that gets spoiled by mummy every Saturday when she takes you to the computer store.Perhaps this is why you do not mind paying over the odds on DLC for games. If you want to offend me further please drop me a message in private I would love to .

#7 Posted by kmh654 (25 posts) -
Hell all he battlefield 3 content is using a good 10 Gigs my 260 Gig hard drive for my xbox which makes the downloads take for hours
Avatar image for CondorCalabasas
#8 Posted by CondorCalabasas (637 posts) -

Wow you have a great imagination putting the fact that I remember cassette games along with my employment status lol.I bet your some fat lardy ass kid that gets spoiled by mummy every Saturday when she takes you to the computer store.Perhaps this is why you do not mind paying over the odds on DLC for games. If you want to offend me further please drop me a message in private I would love to .

bronze_earth

I suspected you might be illiterate, I'am no longer suspicious.

"I bet your some fat lardy ass kid that gets spoiled by mummy"

Based on the fact he mentioned nothing that could possibly suggest that, psychologically speaking, it suggests that is more than likely your reality.

"Perhaps this is why you do not mind paying over the odds on DLC for games."

By that you mean, he doesn't mind downloading extra gigs on his hard drive? I'm not sure why you would be bothered by that.

"If you want to offend me further please drop me a message in private I would love to ."

Such a shame you decided to act like a child, and couldn't practice what you preach.
We unfortunately have to read someone have a constant temper tantrum on every thread, because he's illiterate.
But please, feel free to prove me wrong.

Followed by foolish comments like this one;

"What im saying and I will type slow as I know you cant read fast"

The only one who knows how fast you are typing, is you. (That one made me laugh the first time I read it)

"Its only now with people like you with hands out wide ready to pull on EA`s teet that keep them ripping us off."

You know what the problem is?

People who constantly cry about problems, and point their fingers at others as the culprits. When they do absolutely nothing about it.

Got a problem with EA? Tell them, there is no doubt many ways to contact them. Throwing a temper tantrum because not everyone agrees with you on a forum, won't get EA's attention, especially on the gamespot forum. For the record, and I can't say this next part with a serious face, but snakeeyes has nothing to do with what EA does believe it or not. They don't make any money if he downloads the update, as it is free. So next time you decide to take out all your anger on someone who posts on this forum, please at the very least, actually think before you post, and proof read since clearly reading posts over once isn't working for you.

Finally, snakeeyes made an excellent point, if you have an issue with the product, don't buy it. The best way you can let EA know how you feel, is by not buying their content. Based on how you are constantly agitated, and you blindly assumed that is what he was referring to, it does suggest that you are unemployed.