So you gotta pay to play online? No thanks

#1 Posted by davidsworld3 (3523 posts) -

Just got this today, just beat the joke of a campaign, cliche crap with cliffhanger ending yadayadayada, I am not impressed with anything with this game so far.

Was just about to try the mp out when it sais I gotta pay to play online thats 10 bucks, just to play online...Um I dont have to pay online to play halo at all, or gears of war, or any other game I have why do they think their game is so amazing you should have to pay for it? Considering all the banning they are doing whether it's from camping too much or over using a powerful weapon why should I not just take this back?

They gave this a rediculous rating for a crappy story, I mean as far as I know that should be part of the review yet they clearly just dismiss it and go for the mp, which if it's as creative as the sp I would say this should get a 7.5 for being unoriginal and frankly there was hardly any destructive elements all you could do is shoot glass off and damage barricades and sometimes not even those.

They clearly in bold on back of the case say how realistic and ultra destructive the game is yet it's all scripted so this is clearly a pass for me.

Will just wait for Halo 4 which looks a lot better than this game in every way.

No I'm not trolling just unhappy with this game never paying to play online thats fr mmo's not console games.

#2 Posted by Baselerd (5104 posts) -

I don't know where you got the idea that you have to pay to play online? It's free as long as you bought the game.

What IS infuriating is this premium bullcrap. 

#3 Posted by davidsworld3 (3523 posts) -

Only if you bought it new. My wife picked it up for me used, so it didn't come with a free online pass. It clearly sais I need to purchase an online pass which is 10 bucks, add 4000 points for the premium package so really this game is an utter rip off, they give you a half assed game, with a cliche short story that isn't anything original or creative their hyping of having lots of destructive effects is bogus you never get to blow away buildings and it's not even realistic like they keep hyping about. Just another ordinary lets get the terrorist which is in every game, I prefer fighting aliens now, which is why I'm a big fan of Halo. Their story is a little more interesting and creative, not to mention their sequels actually look better fromt he last very noticably.

Anyways just my personal feelings on the game, not gonna come back too this board looks dead enough as it is. This gets a 5.0 for my personal score.

#4 Posted by MetalRatex (454 posts) -

Online pass has been debated for a long time. And not only for BF3.

#5 Posted by AskEmma (25 posts) -

Only if you bought it new. My wife picked it up for me used, so it didn't come with a free online pass. It clearly sais I need to purchase an online pass which is 10 bucks, add 4000 points for the premium package so really this game is an utter rip off, they give you a half assed game, with a cliche short story that isn't anything original or creative their hyping of having lots of destructive effects is bogus you never get to blow away buildings and it's not even realistic like they keep hyping about. Just another ordinary lets get the terrorist which is in every game, I prefer fighting aliens now, which is why I'm a big fan of Halo. Their story is a little more interesting and creative, not to mention their sequels actually look better fromt he last very noticably.

Anyways just my personal feelings on the game, not gonna come back too this board looks dead enough as it is. This gets a 5.0 for my personal score.

davidsworld3

My name is davidsworld3 and I don't want to pay 10 dollars to get smashed on bf3 daily.

#6 Posted by SnakeEyesX80 (2180 posts) -
Moral of the story: Don't be cheap
#7 Posted by ghstbstr (8790 posts) -

davidsworld3 and others...

Don't bash what is a really great game online and off just because you got a used copy of the game. Do your homework or tell your wife to know what she buys for you before she buys it. Alot of game especially EA games that have online have the Online Pass to play online. So if you want to play a game for its online that has an Online Pass just buy it new for now on.

Again this isn't the game(BF3) fault as it is mainly EA and some of you/your wife fault.