Sounds interesting, but how does it hold up?

User Rating: 8 | Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean GC
This game sounds like it would be absolutely amazing. The trailer blew me away, and I had to get it. Yet, unlike the trailer led to believe, the only CGI Animation is before the menu screen comes up. This disappointed me, but I still gave it a try (because even though it would be nice to have the CGI, that is not what makes a game great). Overall, the game isn't a bad game, but my expectations were so high, that I was sort of let down. The pre-rendered backgrounds look good, but they could have been so much better. The characters often get dwarfed, due to the lack of a moving camera. The battle system is innovative and interesting, which is sort of like Paper Mario, where you pick a move but can build combos and block etc. etc. However, so much gets going on that sometimes it is easy to get lost in the battle system. The sound has people talking, but the voice acting isn't very good and hurts my ears. A good game, but don't expect anything that will blow you away, otherwise you are in for a disappointment.