An inststant classic and a must play for anyone who likes hack-and-slash RPG's.

User Rating: 8.5 | Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance (PCCW The Best) PS2
This is the one that started it all. The game that paved the way for the Champions of Norrath games turned out to be one of the best games for the PS2. The games' action mixed with rpg elements to customize your characters skills and attack style proved highly addictive for a lot of gamers. I played through the entire game on normal and then again on extreme mode and I was never bored.

The sound and graphics were exceptional at giving you the look and feel of a cave, dungeon, ice cavern, or whatever environment you were in. The only thing that bothered me was the lack of a real storyline. You start off trying to find out who mugged you when you first entered the city of Balder's Gate only to end up fighting all sorts of monsters and being whisked away to far off lands alone and with no help. When the storyline becomes irrelevant so does the setting as you simply go from area to area killing everything in sight. You fail to come into contact with anyone from your beginning mission after about a third of the way through

Even if you become tired of the storyline it won't stop you from finishing. Its a good looking game with fun combat and a good mix of rpg style customization.