Glitches don't stop this game from being a masterpiece!

User Rating: 9 | Assassin's Creed Unity PS4

I’m going to first and foremost address the issue that anyone who has heard anything about Unity has already heard about: the glitches. Yes, they exist in this game. No, they do not mean that the game is terrible or by any means unplayable, and since Ubisoft released the 4th patch for the game just about everything is going smoothly. So take it from someone who has spent 50+ hours with the game and has completed the main story: this one does not disappoint.

Story: 9.5/10

Arno’s story and journey are the best in the Assassin’s Creed series so far and we can see now that the developers have perfected how to make a great story. This one is truly captivating and heart-felt. I would recommend playing this one for the story alone. My only complaint is that this installment hardly builds on the modern day story and because of this it feels more like a stand-alone game rather than tying it in to the series as a whole.

Score: 7/10

Although the game’s music is fitting to the time period, there really isn’t too much of it throughout the game.

Characters/Character Development: 10/10

Every character is the game is fantastic. We can truly see why every character is driven and what they desire. Arno and Elise make a perfect pair and show a great story despite being on opposing sides. We are given a lot of backstory on every character as well too, that you will easily get attached to.

Graphics: 10/10

Assassin’s Creed Unity has hit a new level of beauty! France looks absolutely magnificent and real. Even things such as smoke give a sense of realism to the world. Buildings and catacombs both look phenomenal. This game will really wow you and sets a hard to beat standard for open world games.

Gameplay: 9.25/10

As with every Assassin’s Creed game, doing things like stealth missions and parkour is always exciting and entertaining, and who can deny that killing dozens of guards could ever get boring. (btw the kills in this game are so brutal it gets me every time). The world this time is huge and exploring it is nothing but pure fun and entertainment. With so much to do in this installment this game is going to be hard to put down. Co-op is also a nice a very fun addition to the game and provides good fun while playing with friends. The only downfall is you may no longer fight with the hidden blade although you still use it and it would be nice to be able to switch between a sword, ranged and heavy weapon quicker.

Difficulty: 6.5/10 (0 being the easiest, 10 being the hardest)

The difficulty has gone up now in this game. In combat, enemies will attack you more than just one at a time, making you need to understand your surroundings and be ready for anything. Being stealthy has also gotten a boost to difficult as guards now remember you if they have seen you before. However, it’s not overwhelmingly difficult and nothing will take you more than three tries to overcome.

Fun: 9/10

Exploring Paris is completely exciting. There is so much to do and collect, interesting side missions and people to converse with, and of course the new additions such as parkouring down and the diverse weapons make the game feel fresh and new.

Recommended for-