I guess with all the media attention, I built this game up to something it couldn't match. =(

User Rating: 7 | Assassin's Creed III PS3
Assassin's Creed III was a game I was seriously looking forward to. And yet, I finished the game thinking, "meh". The only other AC game I played was Brotherhood, and I loved that game because of its charm. ACIII seemed to be too objective based, trying to squeeze in historical events into the story and then trying to find something for Connor to do in that event. Connor also seemed like a rather arrogant character as well. For example, in the mission where you warn your people against George Washington's forces (I forget the name), you go out and kill half a dozen Patriots, a few Brits, some hunters, and people from your own village, including your best friend.

I guess what I missed from Brotherhood was that progressive march to free Rome, and that rewarding process of making diverse allies to aid you while you rebuilt your community. In ACIII, however, it seemed as though there was no final objective (like freeing Rome from Cesare was to AC Brotherhood). It seemed as though it was comprised of several pointless objectives based on identifying the enemy, and then killing them in such a way that maybe, just maybe, you could watch an incredible combo move like all the trailers featured, I only ever saw one =(

In conclusion, I wasn't able to be moved by this game in the way that Ubisoft had promised with its multi million dollar marketing campaign; and I don't know if I'll ever find the urge to play through Assassin's Creed III again.